Royal Mail.......lost items!!!!!

Hi, has anyone noticed an increase in UK Royal Mail packages going "missing" recently. In the last 2 days I have had 3 different buyers claiming item has not arrived. One looks genuine as it is Recorded Delivery which has not arrived. The other 2 are fairly low value First Class items and of course I have no way of knowing if  this is genuine or not.

Prior to this (I have "lost" a few international parcels) but only 1 UK parcel last year went astray and never turned up.

Anyone else having problems with this?

Message 1 of 1,017
See Most Recent
1,016 REPLIES 1,016

So what other service will you use for low value items? I know of none.

Message 401 of 1,017
See Most Recent

We all know that RM will lose the odd one but the problem is they seem to lose more eBay packets than from any other market place the seller sells on eg River and websites.

When a seller processes and packs and labels all the packages the same from all market places either eBay has more dishonest buyers making false claims or RM can tell the eBay packages from the others and lose more your guess which one it is?

Message 402 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@bespoke_allsortz wrote:

We all know that RM will lose the odd one but the problem is they seem to lose more eBay packets than from any other market place the seller sells on eg River and websites.

When a seller processes and packs and labels all the packages the same from all market places either eBay has more dishonest buyers making false claims or RM can tell the eBay packages from the others and lose more your guess which one it is?

I have very few INRs for ebay parcels, yet it is a regular occurence on the River, even though I have less sales there.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Message 403 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I AM HAVING THE EXCATE SAME PROBLEM, HAD ABOUT 4 NON-RECEIPT CLAIMS IN THE LAST WEEK, WHEN NORMALLY I GET 1 EVERY 4-5 MONTHS, TEARING MY HAIR OUT, I THINK ITS DOWN TO BUYER KNOWING THEY CAN OPEN A CASE GET THERE MONEY BACK AND STILL KEEP ITEM, EBAY SAY THERE MAKING IT SAFE FOR BUYERS BUT ALL THERE DOING IS HELPING BUYER COMMIT FRAUD
Message 404 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I recently purchased a fairly low value item worth around £30. When it do not arrive I tracked the item and to my surprise found that it had been delivered and signed for! The signature was not mine not none of my neighbours (whom I fully trust). Have opened a case to no avail and tried to contact the Royal Mail. Just another skam !!!!!
I'm fuming.
Message 405 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Do not use royal mail they employ mostly thieves and when an item goes 'missing' if your a business they won't pay out unless you can prove what you paid for it?! cr*p service, I have been selling since 2002 and I would recomend:

UK parcels - myhermes (full tracking online from £2.78 & free £50 compensation and you can drop them off at local shop so no queueing in post office)

Foreign parcels - 2kg or over (or lighter if it has value) - Parcel2go - they have a selection of services on there, (UPS is the best although there are some cheaper options but slower, all have full tracking & compensation)

UK large letters chance it maybe with royal mail but only if low value, forget their recorded delvery enhancement, that is not tracking it only guarantees a signature if delivered not if nicked

Foreign parcels under 2kgs - if low value maybe royal mail, if valuable, no chance, use parcel2go its about the same price anyway and again has full tracking either though parcel2go or the actual courier its going with UPS or Fedex etc.

Royal mail get vertually no business from us anymore, it must be the only company I know of that can think its ok to take your money for a service, not give you that service and then not give you your money back...!!

Message 406 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@classic_remains2002 wrote:

Foreign parcels - 2kg or over (or lighter if it has value) - Parcel2go - they have a selection of services on there, (UPS is the best although there are some cheaper options but slower, all have full tracking & compensation)

Take a look at Parcelmonkey using Parcelforce for Europe and transglobalexpress for Europe/worldwide. Highly unlikely that you will use P2G again as both are cheaper than P2G and TG's exclusion list is a lot more sensible.

Message 407 of 1,017
See Most Recent

One of mine was lost about two months ago, I sold on ebay and the buyer never recieved the item. I sent two identical items at the same time from the same post office, one arrived one didn't.

I contacted RM who said "if you don't have proof of posting we can't help you", I replied saying that I paid the postage, sent the item, and you have fialed to deliver so I have had to refund the buyer out of my own pocket. They relented and sent me a cheque.

I sent another ebay item back as a return on 4th June, and the seller says they never recieved the item. This time I have proof of posting. I have only used RM 3 times this year and they lost two thirds of the items.  

Message 408 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Hello

I have made a complaint last week to Royal Mail as the postie on the Wednesday that covers for our normal postman has been leaving my parcels outside my door & no card left

So the 1st time I made a complaint to my Sorting Office & the 2nd time made a complaint directly to RM !!

I have received a response today that not only:

• both matters were being investigated
  • my sorting Office will be notified & asked to deal with the problem
  • the postman that does this will I hope be reprimanded

I was lucky as one of my neighbour's saw the parcels & took them in

If that had not been the case I would have had to open 2 INR cases & no fault of the seller

So annoying as 99% of the time I have not had any problem

So the more people complain then RM will have to get their act together & deal with the various problems at hand

Hope this helps Woman Happy

Message 409 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yep and happening more and more have, proof of posting , which is a joke, Still got to replace or efund , get a defect, 

Use tracking via Hermes where possible, 

Message 410 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Never send a package unless its tracked and signed for. The scammers know all this and play the system.As long as you send tracked ebay will back you and scammers stay clear of recorded delivery.
another scammer trick is combined postage on multiple purchases. Eg you send 10 items then they say you only sent 7.
Always send recorded no matter what. It hsppens more on amazon as the seller only gets a1/3:of ebay p+p charges
ebay and the rest will always support the buyer iff no tracking can be shown.
these fraudsters should be named and shamed but that wont stop them
ebay and the rest do register these lost pks and buyers. Iff they do it on a regular basis they get kicked off.
Message 411 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Royal mail dont give a tom tit. Any lost items get sent to dublin r.mail. iff your sender details are not on the rear ,you wont get it back as they cant locate it .
the best bit follows AFTER 18 DAYS THEY CLAIM THE ITEMS. AND THEY AUCTION THEM OFF ON EBAY!! Honestly!! I sent a tracked item . All you got on the track and trace was that it was still being prgressed. Still since 15th april no item trace.
Ive had to put a claim in for the buyer and still no reply.
royal mail handle your items disgracefully. Ive seen p.men sat in their van peeling fragile stickers off. Popping bubblewrapp and much worse.
these p.offices are a disgrace throwing your items in wheelbin sacks instead off getting off there arses and putting in gently.
collection post workers dragging sacks on the floor and tossing them in the vsn.
no wonder steelbook dvds end up with dents
Message 412 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Another thing i have noticed and have reported is the postman . When i have bought items needing signing
for he does not ask for a signiture.
how many times does this happen. Scammers can say i have not recieved ;as a signiture was not obtained.
I am not anti r.mail. and yes they do a great job overall. But they need to get these issues sorted asap
Message 413 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@pawat147 wrote:
Royal mail dont give a tom tit. Any lost items get sent to dublin r.mail. iff your sender details are not on the rear ,you wont get it back as they cant locate it .

Although your return address should be on the back RM will quite happily use one that is on the front or side of the parcel and will also open the parcel to see if there is a way to identify either the sender or recipient, such as an ebay invoice.

@pawat147 wrote:

the best bit follows AFTER 18 DAYS THEY CLAIM THE ITEMS. AND THEY AUCTION THEM OFF ON EBAY!! Honestly!! 

Can you please point me in the direction of Royal Mail's ebay listings of items that have got lost?

@pawat147 wrote:
All you got on the track and trace was that it was still being prgressed. Still since 15th april no item trace.
Ive had to put a claim in for the buyer and still no reply.

One of the main reasons why sending items signed for is a false economy, imo.  Far better to self insure and accept the occasional lost parcel.

@pawat147 wrote:

royal mail handle your items disgracefully. Ive seen p.men sat in their van peeling fragile stickers off. Popping bubblewrapp and much worse.
these p.offices are a disgrace throwing your items in wheelbin sacks instead off getting off there arses and putting in gently.
collection post workers dragging sacks on the floor and tossing them in the vsn.
no wonder steelbook dvds end up with dents

All couriers are after time pressures to get parcels delivered so they ALL throw parcels around, especially in to and out of the vans at the depot, which is one of the reasons why you should always pack your item to survice a fall from the 1st floor of a building, as a minimum.  If you are regularly getting items dented then they haven't been protected sufficiently.

Message 414 of 1,017
See Most Recent

i wasnt referring to my parcels.
Ive sent 2000 steelbooks in 14 month on ebay and nit 1 dent or damage.
why. ? Because i pack how a steelbook should. Gift wrapped. Wrapped in 2mm foam . Boxed in a 23mm box. Then bagged . Then decall with fragile tape on the rear. 4+ fragile and do not bend stickers on the front.
i was referring to the quote made and on how ive seen post staff at shops and r.mail pick ups handle items.

Also sending tracked and signed is paid for by ebay members on ordering. It is the safest way to avoid scammers and ebay will back you up.
And iff you read correctly i said r.mail in general do a great job. Its the staff handling and the customer care phone ins that are a waste of time.
sending receipts. Waiting 35 days. Getting nothing back but postage in the form of stamps.

Message 415 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Im almost sure all r.mail van deliveries are global satilite detected. Where and when they are and delivered
it may be worth contacting r.mail head office as this was fraud against you (also theft) and its against .r.mail who take theft seriously.
an investigation should be opened and iff that postman who is responsible also, should know where he delivered it.
please dont give up.
Start by making a claim of fraud , theft, and incompetance as its r.mails responsibility to deliver to the address given
Message 416 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@pawat147 wrote:

Also sending tracked and signed is paid for by ebay members on ordering. It is the safest way to avoid scammers and ebay will back you up.

It is the seller who pays for the tracking, even though you believe it is the buyer and it won't stop scammers, in fact sometimes it makes it easy for them.  Take a look to see how many 'signed for' parcels are never shown as delivered on the tracking details.  Every one of them is a guaranteed win for a scammer.  

Message 417 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@pawat147 wrote:
Im almost sure all r.mail van deliveries are global satilite detected. Where and when they are and delivered
it may be worth contacting r.mail head office as this was fraud against you (also theft) and its against .r.mail who take theft seriously.
an investigation should be opened and iff that postman who is responsible also, should know where he delivered it.
please dont give up.
Start by making a claim of fraud , theft, and incompetance as its r.mails responsibility to deliver to the address given

All RM deliveries are satellite detected?  If that was the case there would never be a lost parcel and certainly no need for anybody to pay for tracking.

Message 418 of 1,017
See Most Recent

We have had twenty two parcels go missing via Royal Mail during the past six weeks April - June 2015.

We send aprox 1000 parcles a month and have complaned but nobody listens and the compensation of a first class book of stamps after going through the Grand National of fences to complain is pathetic, so we are voting with our feet and going elseware to private couriers - we would rather pay more and get the service.

Royal Mail will be an also ran in ten years time.

Message 419 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I have only had 1 purchase not arrive but probably a couple of hundred customers who say not arrived or open a case. In the past 3 months about 4 cases all without prior contact and quite a few messages.

All my post is franked so has my licence number on and also has a return address label on rear and out of all those not 1 has made it back to me. I know items genuinely do go missing but some of the communication really does stretch the imagination

Message 420 of 1,017
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: