Royal Mail.......lost items!!!!!

Hi, has anyone noticed an increase in UK Royal Mail packages going "missing" recently. In the last 2 days I have had 3 different buyers claiming item has not arrived. One looks genuine as it is Recorded Delivery which has not arrived. The other 2 are fairly low value First Class items and of course I have no way of knowing if  this is genuine or not.

Prior to this (I have "lost" a few international parcels) but only 1 UK parcel last year went astray and never turned up.

Anyone else having problems with this?

Message 1 of 1,017
See Most Recent
1,016 REPLIES 1,016

Hi all,

Re reason i have popped in to the forum just for this reason. We have notices a huge ammount of lost items, almost 10% of everything we send, recorded or not, makes you wonder about the honesty of people recieving the items! 

Ebay should create something in buyers feedback that everyone can see, how many claims of item not recieved they have done.

Unfortunately still no protection for sellers at all nor from Ebay or Royal mail.  

We had a claim that is still going on from December, Royal mail are normally waiting on buyers to confirm in writing that item not recieved before issuing refund: why as a buyer would you bother doing that if you already had a refund and probably half of the time item as wel!!

Message 301 of 1,017
See Most Recent

We here is the latest ebay promise we have broken posted out same day Monday 3rd to Germany now a case opened on the 10th only 4 days if your lucky

From case 

Angaben zum Fall:

Der Käufer hat den Artikel noch nicht erhalten.

Der Käufer hat am 03. Mär. 2014 bezahlt.

Ergänzende Angaben:

"Where is my Artiek, the shipping of england to Germany takes only 4 days without if and but since you can not get out to talk to"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the game where the rules change so you can never win
Message 302 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Royal mail have lost 2 parcels I sent in 4 weeks. Posted from the same post office. I am frightened now to send anything with them.

Message 303 of 1,017
See Most Recent

In 3+ years of selling on eBay, we have had LOADS of INR cases!

In 2+ years of selling on our own webite, we have had 0 INR cases!!!

Do I need to say more???

Message 304 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Same for me. Never had an item go missing when purchased from our website. Majority of stuff I send via first class across both ebay and our site. 

Message 305 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Ive read loads of these posts on lost items, and most sellers seem to be suffering. i'm averaging 3 a month.

the solution is quite simple sellers have DSRs then its time for eBay to put in place DBRs Detailed buyer ratings, it should contain things like, did several payment reminders need sending , was an item not received, did the buyer ask for a partial refund. Honest buyers like honest sellers wont mind being rated. We will  find out then if its royal mail loosing items or if its a few dishonest  buyers.

its Ok eBay making all these promises to Buyers but its not eBay footing the bill for it. as to sending it tracked and signed for, well first its got to have engouh value, and many of the posts i read its pointless as even if you provide proof of postage signed tracked what ever, if a claim goes in the buyers paid.

i read a page the other day on the net, i person explaining all the scams used to fraud ebay sellers. i wonder what was wrong with the old system, provide proof of postage to the buyer so they could claim. and the way royal mail pay on claims (must provide proof of the purchase price) the buyers will always get a better pay out than sellers.

come on ebay, yes without happy buyers none of us make money, but eBays revenue comes from sellers, so do something to give us a fighting chance.

Message 306 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@freakypeepshow wrote:

@towelposter wrote:

Many of us aren't losing parcels at all.  Lost parcels in 2013 cost me less than £100, far less than adding tracking to 300+ parcels.

The last INR I have paid out on was a poarcel sent on the 22nd October, so even over the Christmas rush I didn't have any INR worries.

One hundred pound loss on 300 sales looks like a scandallously high amount to me, especially when you consider that the £100 comes straight out of your profits.

I think were all agreed that we dont like having to use a recorded or tracked service but just having to subserviently accept losses on ebay because it may be cheaper is not right either.

Sorry missed a 0 off the end it is £100 out of 3,000+ sales (6 INRs).

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Message 307 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Of ALL the items I have purchased over the years on eBay, they have ALL arrived.

Either I am VERY lucky or I'm TOO HONEST!!!

Message 308 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Even i got message from 4-5 buyes that they didn't receive the item and noticed the items lost were all dispatched 1 week of March.

Something really gone wrong with Royal mail and customers not ready to listen to us..........they think we didnt post the item 😞

Message 309 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@nescafe-go wrote:

Of ALL the items I have purchased over the years on eBay, they have ALL arrived.

Either I am VERY lucky or I'm TOO HONEST!!!

The only items that I have failed to receive are auctions that ended close to their start price.  Coincidence?

Message 310 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I sent a parcel with a faulty. 9" tablet to Uk world at. Cardiff on January 31 Roymail say I can not claim compensation because it. Was sent with Uk. Worlds Prepaid label
I have been constantly Email them but with no sucsess
Message 311 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I sent a parcel containing a faulty 9" tablet. Back to Uk world that. Was on January 31 2013 . They say it was not received . I got. In touch with Royalmail Three months is a long time to find a missing parcel.
Message 312 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@bettydickie14 wrote:
I sent a parcel containing a faulty 9" tablet. Back to Uk world that. Was on January 31 2013 . They say it was not received . I got. In touch with Royalmail Three months is a long time to find a missing parcel.

Was the parcel tracked?

Message 313 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@bettydickie14 wrote:

You need to get some advice from the CAB

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice.htm

I think you will find that the loss of parcels is down to the Royal Mail playing God with your items; opening them to check the contents.

Having had first hand experience of this when I sent 2 PUMP ACTION silicone sprays through the post.  Buyer said they hadnt arrived, so i sent 2 more recorded post. Guess what - they never arrived. either So checking the Royal Mail tracking site, I discovered that my items had been "intercepted" and opened.

Two weeks (yes two weeks!!!) later they send me a standard letter saying that the items were dangerous, since they were AEROSOLS.  Not so!  If the idiot who checked them has examined them as suggested, they would have seen there were no gasses of any kind in them. What has happened to the items?  DESTROYED.

So I sent items that the Royal Mail say they will carry, but they open them, and i guess someone took a fancy to them.

Send your mail by Courier in future - at least it arrives!!  I have lost EIGHT items this way this month alone.

Thanks you ROYAL MAIL - FOR NOTHING!!!

Message 315 of 1,017
See Most Recent

i know this is an old post but recently i am getting 2 or 3 per week, i am sure the odd one is trying it on but its becoming a joke

Message 316 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Royal mail sucks in the last 12 months I have not recieved at least 10 items not just from ebay/but also amazon and business items,Also they have lost packages that I have sent too,arghhhhhh makes me so cross,buyers want low cost post,but expect their parcels to arrive then RM go and lose the package and I have to refund,started to charge extra for signed for or state that if things go missing no responsibility will be taken/I also try not to claim refunds/resending of lost items unless high cost,I just send the seller a message letting them know that no feedback can be left for a item I have not recieved and that the fault lies with RM,Seems such a shame that they offer such a shoddy service.... Rant over 🙂

Message 317 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Was just searching how dreadful royal mail is and found this link too...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/royal-mail-ofcom-formal-investigation-2839955

Seems royal mail has been messing about for far too long !!!

Think will start using courier...

Message 318 of 1,017
See Most Recent

hi hello every one i have had 4 things not delivered in four weeks all was ok until Christmas after that even signed for delivery's have not turned up .the post office is staffed by **bleep** who do not care .i feel sorry for people having to use the royal mail.they should take the royal out of the name.**bleep** mail is more like it

Spoiler
Man Sad
Message 319 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Selling on own websites for 7+ years - 1 in 500 INR

Selling on eBay - 1 in 50 INR.

Royal Mail are fantastic.

I am TEN TIMES (10x) more likely to recieve an INR on eBay.

Let the facts speak for themselves.

Message 320 of 1,017
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: