eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Get inspired!
floribundas105
Community Member

Re: Royal Mail International Signed for items lost! am I the only one

in reply to draco2700

Me too, I am getting fed up with it. I have sent 2 international signed for parcels to Russia, neither have received them. Another one last week to Columbia, and have just been told by another Russian customer that they have not received theirs. Thats it, no more. I refuse to send to Russia

Please use plain text.
floribundas105
Community Member

in reply to draco2700

No, I have lost 2 parcels sent International Signed for of the value of £200.00. I have a PPI account with Royal Mail and from January 2013 they no longer pay compensation for lost items. Great

Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

in reply to draco2700

Russia are having major customs delays at the moment.

You can claim for lost items with a PPI account if you have sent them tracked christine, so you should be ok.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Please use plain text.
studavusa69
Community Member

in reply to draco2700

Guys,

Royal Mail talk the talk BUT when it actually comes to compensation they are a joke. My local Post Office actually informed me 'don't bother with tracking' .. as once the package leaves the country, it is in the hands of another postal service !? Although Royal Mail come up with the 'peace of mind' bumpf !!

Also ...... Russia ... I would never send anything of value there. I work for a large 'Corporate' and we send for example £160,000 worth of communications hardware and some of it will 'get lost'. We actually have to 'pay' people in Russia to ensure we get delivery (protection) and that is gen !!!

Regards, Stuart.

Please use plain text.
juju1912
Community Member

in reply to draco2700

My son posted some keys to me in France by Airsure - guaranteed 2-3 days delivery. Yes ... as others have commented before - what a joke!. The 'small packet' left UK on Tuesday 25th June and I now have the message saying that since Wednesday it is waiting to be processed at Roissy. Message on track and trace = that it's at ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP and is being processed for delivery. Reading all your other comments I can only believe that I'm not going to get these uncopied keys!

Has anyone found a phone number for La Poste at Roissy, please?

Please use plain text.
authenticskincareproducts
Community Member

in reply to draco2700

HELLO

Sorry to hear this

yes i have had the same for many years

ESPECIALLY ISRAEL NEVER FRANCE

MORE SO IN TH UK WHEN SENDING STANDARD POSTAGE. EBAY DO NOT SUPPORT SELLERS LIKE THEY DO WITH BUYERS 100% FACT...AUSTRALIA IS THE ONE TO BE CAREFUL WITH. ALWAYS SEND AIRSURE FULLY TRACKED NOT INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR. I LOST almost £400 from one buyer in the aus. she refussed to pay customs and returned all my items with holes in the creams @ £69 each leaked all into the plastic wrapping. i did not claim via post office as i put a low value for her and she still refused to pay customs. I have also had alot from the netherlands parcels gone missing. ebay state if no signature showing on the tracking number the buyer gets a refund. by the way these missing parcels never ever come back to me.

Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

in reply to draco2700

HELLO

Sorry to hear this

yes i have had the same for many years

ESPECIALLY ISRAEL NEVER FRANCE

MORE SO IN TH UK WHEN SENDING STANDARD POSTAGE. EBAY DO NOT SUPPORT SELLERS LIKE THEY DO WITH BUYERS 100% FACT...AUSTRALIA IS THE ONE TO BE CAREFUL WITH. ALWAYS SEND AIRSURE FULLY TRACKED NOT INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR. I LOST almost £400 from one buyer in the aus. she refussed to pay customs and returned all my items with holes in the creams @ £69 each leaked all into the plastic wrapping. i did not claim via post office as i put a low value for her and she still refused to pay customs. I have also had alot from the netherlands parcels gone missing. ebay state if no signature showing on the tracking number the buyer gets a refund. by the way these missing parcels never ever come back to me.

Australia is one of the safest places to send mail too.  Only had 1 item not received ever since I have been selling on here.

If you had a buyer refuse to pay the customs duty how could she have put holes in the creams?  She wouldn't have been allowed near them unless she paid the duty.

Mind you anybody sending £400 items via Royal Mail is somewhat foolish anyway.  Use a courier such as UPS/DHL/Parcelforce for anything of value.  It will get there far quicker and with less chance of damage.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Please use plain text.
boosheets
Community Member

in reply to draco2700

Got a real issue with ebay & royal mail at present. I sent an international signed for in April to the Russian Federation. It hadn't turned up by early June so ebay refunded the buyer leaving me out of pocket so I made a claim to royal mail. 4 months latter thay send me a leter saying was delivered in July. Ebay doesn't want to know as it is over 45 days to appeal a decision, royal mail are saying it's been delivered so they take no rsponsibility but the buyer wont refund me & I have no way myself of compelling him to do so.

Where do I stand?!?

Please use plain text.
sam_in_barbate
Community Member

in reply to draco2700
Try this web page, it can track anything & could not live without it

http://www.trackitonline.ru/?service=search

Not sure why it has just decided to go Spanish on me, but it is pretty idiot proof, copy & paste the tracking number in the top box, post office used (Ie Royal Mail UK) in the 2nd & Destination in the 3rd, must warn you that sometimes the 4 or 5 digit code can play up, you may have to show patience & try repeatedly, but this has saved my bacon, & stopped countless fraudulent claims of non arrival in its track, for it often even shows the exact time of delivery.

IF the info comes up in the destination countries language, then simply copy it into google

Good luck
Please use plain text.
riverbankclothing99
Community Member

in reply to draco2700

I have the same problem! 3 items to france have gone missing resulting in negative feedback! Nothing we can do.

Please use plain text.
sinfulsidney
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to riverbankclothing99

I'm very interested to read about all of these problems with ISF parcels going missing at ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP.

I have exactly the same problem, but I'm on the receiving end. We moved to France 10 years ago and I'm very familiar with the postal service here and with buying items from UK. Over the last couple of years I've found that the only way to be sure of getting our parcels and to be able to track them properly at each stage is to use a courier service. UPS is the best at our end, but the others work almost as well. I singled out UPS there because they are good at making second visits if you're out first time.

I have a parcel stuck at Roissy, which is the hub at Charles de Gaulle as pointed out earlier. So here's my grouse; I paid £15.78 for this service, the items valued at £110. It took THREE days to get from Hertford to the hub at Heathrow, another day to Roissy where it arrived on 6th Jan, and there has been no movement since. It's 25th now, so 15 full days, 10 working days.

The vendor refuses to send another package even though I offered to pay the courier fee. Iwant this specific item so I've paid the full price again and a second package is currently winging its way, despatched on 23rd and due for delivery here on 28th.

My recommendation obviously is not to use RM. In this instance 3 days to travel the first leg is ridiculous! What's the point of paying over £15 for that?

I buy a LOT of stuff from UK, Ebay and other suppliers. Tyres and a towbar, this latter item really bulky and heavy, arrived in TWO DAYS !

The French postal system generally works well. Letters arrive within France generally arrive in 2 days. Parcels can be sent using Colissimo and these are delivered by the postman and can be tracked on the Colissimo site.

The problem with RM ISF is that the signature at the receiving end is worthless! Here in our village, the postman signs for it ! I've heard from other friends that this happens with them too. You can't get a copy of the signature.

Most of the couriers use these handheld devices now and a copy of the signature/proof of delivery is a lot easier to obtain.

Meanwhile I sit here waiting to see if the original parcel ever arrives, and wondering how I'm going to get compensated if it doesn't.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Oh and one last thing "disribué" doesn't mean delivered, it simply means it's been sent out. "Livré" is delivered. A delivery is a "livraison".

Please use plain text.
sinfulsidney
Community Member

in reply to sinfulsidney
I meant to say, my second parcel was sent FedEx and the tracking is very good.
Please use plain text.
escargot74
Community Member

in reply to madoldbiddie

How to track using La Poste

GOOGLE  france postel be system edited with

select        Select Mail Track and Trace for Individuals - La Poste

In the main panel, Click 'Click here to track your ready to register (site in French)' button

Type reference into the large box at the top and click 'RECHERCHER' - NB the reference

will be system edited with vertical bars

Scroll down to Resultat)s)

Please use plain text.
dogsoldierleather
Community Member

in reply to escargot74

Just a quick link to an international tracking site that you guy's may find of some use...

You can use the site to track good's the world round....

Just stick in the tracking detail's etc:-    http://www.trackitonline.ru/

Hope this help's you guy's track your good's and confirm deliveries!!!

Here's a little food for thought,

I once had a conversation with a RM rep' about a tracked missing package that they would not accept responsibilty for...

He stated that as soon as RM take custody of the package/parcel it then becomes the "property of the queen."

So who exactly is responsible for compensating you for the loss???

Should you write a letter to ol' lizzy and ask her to cough up for the loss, or get her to give RM a call to twist their ear into submission???

Please use plain text.