Community Member

Lets play a game... spot when my shop was "open"...

Sales summary for the last week:  (to separate people, several multiples)

9 June = 8

10 June = 1

11 June = 14

12 June = 16

13 June = 19

14 June = 19

15 June = 1   (as of 1830hrs)

Did I forget to pay the leccy bill or something?!  Smiley Very Happy

Community Member

Re: Lets play a game... spot when my shop was "open"...

in reply to double_o_heaven

I play that game too! This week I have had 4 days of £50+ sales and for the last 48 hours a grand total of £0.

Sometimes I also find that if a have a really good day I get penalised for the next few days to balance it up....

Community Member

in reply to simply_seasonal

It does indeed feel that way sometimes!

I probably average 8-10 a day so those 4 days were well above that - hence the "balancing" each side no doubt! Smiley Very Happy

Community Member

I will play, have to go by sale date:

Fri  9 June = 12

Sat 10 June = 12

Sun 11 June = 31

Mon 12 June = 23

Tue 13 June = 17

Wed 14 June = 17

Thr 15 June = 13

Fri 16 June = 9  (@10:15)

Did it win?

Community Member

in reply to stormatic2015

Hehe - shall we call it an honourable draw?

Interesting that our highest 4 days were the same, but you dont seem to have had quite the same drops on the other 2.  I finished yesterday with 5 I think - so still quite a trough.

Community Member

[ Edited ]

ebay made the switching at several different layers,

sometime they switch listings, some time the whole account, 

switched off on one place and then switched on on another place

random buyers see you, other buyers dont see you at all

all this complicated and unreliable system was made so the sellers cannot compare and cannot identify when they have been switched off and where the glitches are

so when the glitches decide to switch you off - there is nothing you can do, you dont know what and where happened

I have noticed that ebay is working that way in the past few years - instead of solving problems, they try to hide them and make it impossible to identify the problem and prove it

Community Member

I will play

9th June.    5

10th June.  4

11th June.  5

12th June   10

13th June.  3

14th June.  4

15th June.  6. Last sale 14.45

16th June.  1. Sale 23.32

Community Member

in reply to mark4560_6

Wow, that last period was a black hole of approx 32 hours with no sale?!

Think you are the new leader! Smiley Tongue

Community Member

in reply to mark4560_6

And me 

9th June 0

10th June 2

11th June 0

12th June 1 99p not paid 

13th June 0

14th June 0

15th June 2

16th June 0

17 th June 0 up to know 

Community Member

in reply to freds.finds132

Forgot to add I am up 163.7 % on previous 31 days .

Community Member

I'm up 62.5% compared to 31 days ago but a very decent 694.9% compared to the same period a year ago

Community Member

in reply to mark4560_6

15% down from the same period last year . But £18000 down in sales in 2016 from 2015 .

Community Member

9th June - 12

10th -  8

11th -  21

12th -  17

13th -  18

14th -  12

15th -  21

16th -  13

17th -  7 

Already this month I have had my 2 worst days of sales ever 8 & 7. Constantly listing every day, revising prices, running promotions, putting items in sale. Free postage on most items 100% feedback TRS with over 2600 listings it makes no difference if people can see my items they buy them. When eBay has glitches & buyers can't buy my sales go down.

Community Member

in reply to cdrepublika

The 10th seems to have been a pretty poor day all round - unless your name is Fred! Smiley Very Happy

Community Member

i have actually done what i have been threatening for the last six months , i shut my shop on 14th and have been slowley removing my items and putting them on other sites , so far i can safely say it is the best move i have made this year , i am actually earning money again , goodbye ebay

Community Member

I also have closed my shop. In fact eBay closed it after a debacle caused by themselves. Needless to say I have not renewed my subscription!

How can any of this be legal? They are playing with peoples livelyhoods and we have no say? It's a ridiculous situation.

What eBay are doing here is drip feeding business opportunities in some erratic pattern. Yet we pay a (very expensive) MONTHS subscrition. That months subsription should mean a FULL months visibility which obviously, we are not getting.

If my listings are not a attractive as yours? Thats my issue. If my listings are more attractive to yours? Thats your issue. THATS BUSINESS. 

Something needs to be done. And quickly..........

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to mnikolay80

mnikolay80 wrote:

ebay made the switching at several different layers,

sometime they switch listings, some time the whole account, 

switched off on one place and then switched on on another place

random buyers see you, other buyers dont see you at all

all this complicated and unreliable system was made so the sellers cannot compare and cannot identify when they have been switched off and where the glitches are

so when the glitches decide to switch you off - there is nothing you can do, you dont know what and where happened

I have noticed that ebay is working that way in the past few years - instead of solving problems, they try to hide them and make it impossible to identify the problem and prove it

Very good point mnikolay80 and I had come to a similar conclusion myself. What a shame ebay don't put as much effort in to running this site on behalf of its Sellers and our customers, as they do into lining their own pockets and saving money. Surely if the Sellers are selling then ebay will make even more money than if it's trying to reduce our visibility. What is that about? I just dont understand ebay's  business strategy - it's bonkers - and our businesses are suffering. Ebay are driving people elsewhere - how is that a sound practise?

If ebay's costs are too high to run the site as well as it used to run 8-10 years ago, then they have to do something about that, which doesn't mean that they can rob us blind and tell us that we're all selling on the best selling site, when in reality they cant afford to pay the electricity bill for the servers they require - or whatever the problem is.

I think this "ebay is the best selling platform" advert is a last-ditch effort to try to frighten us from going anywhere else to sell. Sorry ebay, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Good luck everyone - Paul Smiley Happy

Community Member

in reply to tawx2

well... that is what I tried to explain to ebay

they always excuse with the buyers behaviour

where I sell very attractive items, buyers look for them, buyers want to buy them, but they are diverted to a few sellers only, with bad quality items, bad performance and many negatives

why should I bother to perform better when ebay divert all buyers traffic to a few listings, and others become literaly invisible?!?

while ebay divert the buyers and narrow their choice with picking specific listings this is not buyer behaviour, it is ebay glitches behaviour, whatever the glitches pick, that is shown to the buyers and that is what they buy

Community Member

Rather they go somewhere else and won't come back.
Community Member

An easier way to spot when your items are in fact visible is when the questions from potential buyers kick in again. You'll go days with no questions then they'll start flooding in for a few days. 

It's a joke and so obvious that I cannot believe eBay are getting away with it. I reckon we are probably getting less that 50% of a month being visible despite paying 100% of our monthly fees!

Come on eBay. open the doors and lets have a free for all and let us sellers compete fairly against each other.