eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • The WOW Weekend!
dishmop12
Community Member

Re: LIFETIME BAN 99.7% 7,500 SALES FEEDBACK WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? EBAY HAVE RUINED ME

[ Edited ]
in reply to jacksgear2clear

jacksgear2clear wrote:

For what its Worth to Anybody   ( Ebay for Me!! )

Me i have been Trading from a Real Store with Real People for over 21 Years

Last year i said to myself i think i need to move Online and see what Happens

So i put a small sign outside ( I CAN SOURCE RARE VHS/DVD )

What a Change My Business came Alive Again ( I have to thank Ebay Worldwide Sellers for all the Great Deals A+++++

So lets move on Now i think i will Now i will Try to an Online Store give Ebay a Bash ( Maybe a Mistake??  who Knows )

I Buy a Selection of Low Cost Items from China €500 ( Nothing over €10 Retail i start to list them i have 12 listed then Bang!

3 Are removed (Fake) This is Bad! Why  these Same Items are Available on Ebay.com Should Rules not Apply Worldwide??

But i keep going ( This is great 5-12 Sales coming in every day using up all my Old Paper Bags folding sticky tape walking

to the Post office i say to myself this is great out of the Shop getting fresh air meeting people promoting my New Online i

can't go wrong Then around Aug. Bang!!  Ebay change the Screen here we go What's Up???

My Sales have Now Ceased?? Reading from these Boards i'm not Alone!

I Will miss the Walks!!! 

(Thanks Ebay )

I looks as if things have changed since you wrote that. Or am I missunderstanding something here.

Please use plain text.
bravergrace
Community Member

Re: LIFETIME BAN 99.7% 7,500 SALES FEEDBACK WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? EBAY HAVE RUINED ME

in reply to bmw_r1200gsa

bmw_r1200gsa wrote:

Good advice similar to what we do now just take it on the chin yes its costs money and it annoys when you know you are been turned over but it avoids confrontations and the risks of account damage.

In a face to face shop the buyers on eBay would not do half the things they do but at lest your not paying for the shop in the first place.

The buyer always wins in a dispute even when the seller is in the right and wins the eBay case the seller still looses its not worth fighting a fight you have lost before it starts you cant win the system prevents it.

I'm not suggesting "take it on the chin". Nor not fighting a fraudulent case.

I don't hand money to fraudsters.

I have won cases - in fact, the only one I ever lost, was overturned on appeal.

As for the bad behaviour, I don't know that there's a lot more of it on eBay.

The difficulty is, that as a seller, you're treated a bit like a provider of public services rather than an autonomous, self-employed shopkeeper who can spot a difficult or shifty customer at 50 paces.

In real life, if someone enters my shop, and wants to buy something that I know is unsuitable - or argues interminably about the price, the weather, or my estimate of the date it was made - I can refund his money and ask him to leave.  

Whereas if a taxi driver is faced with a passenger who says he wants to go to West Ealing, but the bus driver suspects he actually wants the West End, the driver cannot refuse to take him there.

And on eBay, if someone buys my item, and I know he will not actually want it,  I am nevertheless obliged to send it to him (unless I can talk him out of it).

The rules here are that we have to serve all customers who pay - and that can be a confounded inconvenience.

But it's the rules, and we have to find ways of minimizing the inconvenience.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Please use plain text.
dishmop12
Community Member

in reply to bravergrace

Never been able to understand why ebay find the need to ban somebody from selling...Bad reports in the press about a buyer getting ripped off , doesnt mean that it was ebays fault. The complaint is often that ebay didnt so anything about it even tho they knew that the seller had done it before.   That sort of thing reflects badly on ebay....and that is what they should be directing their attention towards............not because somebody whinged about having to wait three days for something to be delivered or a dress was 5mm longer than the seller said it was.

If ebay doesnt do anything about sellers who sell cars that dont exist why are they banning people who got a low rating because a seller charged a bit over the real cost of postage to cover the cost of packaging, which the buyer didnt even consider. Does this make ebay a safer place to trade?  Its suprising that ebay bothers to take notice of such a low level of whinges about a buyer, and as ebays main objective is to make as much money as possible, its suprising that when they dont do much about people selling goods that dont exist,  that they bother to ban anybody at all................ because each ban means a drop in income for them.    It could be that ebay made a mistake..............oh surely not..................and as to admitting it............not likely..................The people you "chat" with or talk to on the phone rarely seem to know what you are talking about..........and are probalby not authorised to make a desision anyway.

Please use plain text.
frenchcollection
Community Member

in reply to dishmop12

dishmop12 wrote:

jacksgear2clear wrote:

For what its Worth to Anybody   ( Ebay for Me!! )

<snip>

I Will miss the Walks!!! 

(Thanks Ebay )

I looks as if things have changed since you wrote that. Or am I missunderstanding something here.

It was written in October, this is an old thread that's been resurrected.

Jo

Please use plain text.
dishmop12
Community Member

in reply to frenchcollection

Thanks.

I realise it was written in October but f the person wrote it had been banned, how is it that they are still selling and have feedback going back to 2008. Therefore I can only assume they got thier account reinstated.

Please use plain text.
frenchcollection
Community Member

in reply to dishmop12

You were quoting jacksgear - I don't think he was saying he was banned - just that his sales had dropped.

The original post was from twolees, who no longer appears to be trading.

Jo

Please use plain text.
dishmop12
Community Member

in reply to frenchcollection

Yep. you could be right but I thought that the reason his sales  had ceased was because he was banned, as the subject s about being banned.  I dont understand the "ebay changed the screen" remark......... and why anything to do with a screen has ruined him.

Please use plain text.
gijimbo
Community Member

in reply to twolee

I have been selling on ebay for 15 years and I have been in business for over 30 years and have never dealt with a more difficult entity then ebay, and I have dealt with some real 'winners'.  I have sold over 15,000 items and currently have pretty much full 5 stars with 99.8% which would be 100% if SOME buyers weren't so ignorant.  I know ebay supposedly means well but they are driving away sellers in droves and the buyers WILL eventually go where the goods are at.  I have 95% of my stock for sale elsewhere because of  ebay's one sided policies and have told them I will NEVER sell anything really expensive on ebay due to the great possibility of buyer fraud.   Ebay treats sellers, like myself ,as though we 'just signed up yesterday' and we don't have a clue.  This WILL, I believe, be their undoing.  They think they have a monopoly at the moment but as BELL and GM and many others have found, if you treat your customer base like '**bleep**' then there will be a reckoning.   Latest ebay nonsense; they are adjusting my pricing downward...........can you believe that?  I put a price in and then they adjust it downward!  Brilliant ebay!   They will probably impose a fee for this service too!  

I told them I would list 100% of my stock on ebay IF their policies weren't so seller unfriendly but they don't seem to care.  The thing is, really expensive and rare items mean they are highly desireable also and items like that sell ANYWHERE and without the hassle and worry about fraud that can happen on ebay; and without the high selling fees from both ebay and Paypal (same thing).   The first couple of years were a lot of fun, I even stood up strongly for ebay in the beginning when the 'it's just a dollar'  thing was driving sellers crazy but in recent years much has changed.  I have almost 500 blocked members in my 'bidders prison' at the moment and it grows leaps and bounds lately.  I have another dozen or so to add shortly.  Due to ebay's one sided policies I have 'buyers' trying to dictate how I do business now!  It's ridiculous.  Some people DEMAND FREE shipping, it costs me quite a bit as Canada Post just increased it's rates up to 50% overnight.  ebay DEMANDS tracking even though USPS (which is losing 20 million dollars a day) has REFUSED TO TRACK REGISTERED mail from Canada now.  I think ebay only wants high volume sellers from China etc. now anyway as they clearly don't care about anyone else.

Please use plain text.
frenchcollection
Community Member

in reply to gijimbo

@gijimbo - this is a very old, very long thread.

If you have a question, or want advice, you'd be better off starting a new thread (topic).

Jo

Please use plain text.
smallpotatoesretail2014
Community Member

in reply to twolee

twolee wrote:

I have been a business seller for 7 years with no problems whatsover.  99.7% feedback, compliant with all ebay regs.  This was my livelihood.  6 low ratings on dashboard for items not as described but I always refund if anyone is unhappy for whatever reason. Even though these people gave low ratings they still gave me positive feedback!.  On Monday they closed down my account.  I spent 3 hours on phone and chat trying to find out what the hell is happening.  Eventually told that was it account closed for good, no recourse, nowhere to go.  

Yesterday I tried again.  A **bleep** of light appeared as I( was told "this is not right, dont worry you will be reinstated at next review 20 Oct. and i personally guarantee you that your account will not be closed for good",.  Within 5 mins same employee called back, almost in tears, saying Im sorry you must now find somewhere else to trade, you are in fact banned for life.  I asked case to be escalated but supervisor said "you will never be allowed to sell again but good news is you an still buy.  I wa sobbing so hard she then said please stop crying, have a nice day and hung up.  I am on the edge here folks.  I have £100's of stock I may as well have a fire I may as well put myself on it because my life is finished.  Please do not post sarcasm or unkind comments it really will finish me off.

Hey! Its a bad state of affairs you been put in I had same problem with "100%" possotive, feed back the having account shut down for no reason an I had a "fantastic" name, what I learnt from It somtimes things are out of your own power, an I quote "To be successful In business Is to be in business" so get out there find another way to sell "Godaddy"/"Amazon" anything you can get your experiance into.....

Small Potatoes Retail
Please use plain text.
magpie_pete
Community Member

in reply to twolee

OP's post just about sums up everything about tghe MONSTER that is ebay ......and it has galvanized my resolve to get the hell off of here now ,as selling is a nightmare scenario on here now

Please use plain text.
ukbagz
Community Member

in reply to magpie_pete

me  2    been on ebay years   my customers love me 

so i live in the country & can only post once a week .

a few low dsrs to many am booted got a warning tried to post quicker.

very unfair  am lost without it  been ill cause of it last few weeks.

poor rating system when its a negative positive feedback now

Please use plain text.
abbeyrabbit
Community Member

in reply to twolee
i was very sad to read of this post,i hope things turn out ok for you and good luck in the future. very best wishes, abbeyrabbit.
Please use plain text.
2014coolgirl
Community Member

in reply to twolee
Best wishes awful situation to be in
Please use plain text.
rog-kspx8e
Community Member

in reply to dtr2010

Hi,

I think a lot of buyers can get the marking of stars wrong by mistake or are just being silly.

I am a very rare buyer and I found when leaving ratings it was to easy to click on the wrong star and leave low dsrs by mistake, as a seller I am aware how important it is to get it right and corrected my error, most buyers proberbly do not realise it harms an account and don't have the time or interest to take it to seriously and get it right, although I sell on ebay I am not keen on any thing tech and having to do additional chores on the computer and being asked endless questions annoys the avarage person. Not all buyers are sharpe enough, can see well enough and are interested or care enough to get the marking correct.

So even if you are 100% on top of things it can be so easy to fall below standard. 

Good luck for the future to the original poster.   

Please use plain text.
frenchcollection
Community Member

in reply to ukbagz

This thread dates from almost a year ago.

Jo

Please use plain text.
daniel.pi

in reply to twolee

Hi all,

Locking old thread as it was bumped unnecessarily.

Thanks,

daniel.pi

Please use plain text.