Community Member

Bundle Listing, What are they?

I've just had an option added to my item specifics: Bundle Listing Yes or No?

But surprise surprise, no explanation as to what woud happen if I were to click either Yes or No.

I've searched it as help topic and nothing seems to be there and I looked in my recent announcements anouncement and couldnt find anything their either. There are a few topics mentioning bundles on these forums but nothing explaning what it is and the main question posted in 12/16 doesn't have any answers.

Another hair-brained scheme dreampt up in some brainstorming session of ebay employees who've never actually sold on eBay?

Community Member

Re: Bundle Listing, What are they?

in reply to so_last_century_rockin

Me Too.

The only thing I can think of is I tried to set up a promotion for an item with accessories, but as you may be able to guess, I cant see how that works either.

Did you do something similar?

And can you really bundle multiple items listed with free delivery?

When I was in primary school a bundle meant something entirely different!

Community Member

I would imagine it simply means: 'job-lot' - yes or no?

So if you are selling a bundle of cables - tick yes.

If you are selling 1 single cable - tick no.

Me - I'm ignoring it totally!

Community Member

in reply to booksandpatterns

eBay already has an option for 'job lot' in a listing, so it cant mean the same thing surely, otherwise you could have a 'job lot' bundle!

Community Member

in reply to booksandpatterns
Its not that as you already have the option to say if an item it a 'lot' and how many exact items constitute the lot.
Community Member

in reply to topclasscarpentry
it would be nice if eBay could be bothered to make it clear.
They are too busy marching around in virtual jackboots to bother explaining anything to anyone.
Community Newcomer

I phoned Customer Service and the fudged answer I got was they are for large scale bundles when customers are buying 50 of one item and 100 of another off of you and is when you would use it, not applicable to single item sales.

Given customers can't filter on it at present I'll not add it until they can. Although not quite sure why it is presented in the item specifics if you can't use it for anything!

Community Member

in reply to anniversaryideas
typical
Community Newcomer

This is not the case. The bundle option is for compiling listings. For example, Bob sells sells knickers, bras and sets of both. He sets the quantity of knickers and bra's and tells eBay the listing for sets is a bundle of 1 bra and 1 pair of knickers. If he sells a set, the stock levels on the separate items is adjusted. It's not fully implemented yet and requires the eBay inventor to be used