eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Get inspired!
princeandlady004
Community Member

Which courier should I use to send an xbox 360 console with?

Hi Everyone

I would like to know which courier I should use to send an xbox 360 console with. I thought of using My Hermes but I see electrical items are excluded from any compensation if it was to get damaged in transit.  I'm not sure if there are any other couriers I could use?  Royal Mail would charge a colassal amount I expect.

Any help is surely welcome.

Thanks in advance x

Please use plain text.
lemon-p
Community Member

Re: Which courier should I use to send an xbox 360 console with?

in reply to princeandlady004

The low cost couriers are OK for low cost items, for more expensive goods I use Interparcel Economy (UPS) it will cost you just under a tenner but they are fully tracked and usually delivered next working day.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Defective Inspector lemon at your service!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

in reply to lemon-p

There is also UPS drop off if you have a drop off point near you.  If you read the T&Cs of almost all couriers they have a stupidly long list of excluded items so the best solution is to pack as if it is to be dropped out of a 5 storey window.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Please use plain text.
outletvillage-ltd
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

lol and in the case of our couriers Interlink, that may actually be the case - most of them have very high conveyer belts in their hubs which if an item dropped off it, it would be highly unlikely to survive.

We did have a period of a lot of breakages due to this around last xmas - when I suspect they were busy and overloading the converyers - and I did talk to citylink about swapping over.

Citylink confirmed that they dont use a conveyer system and so if you are worried about breakages they might be worth talking to.  We didnt use them as they were too expensive in the end, but for a one off they may be worth a look.

Please use plain text.