eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Buy iPhone 6 Now
lorraine33399
Community Member

How do i find ebays phone number?

Going round in circles clicking links to help, any idea where i can locate the phone number for ebay please? xx 

Please use plain text.
alan_uk@ebay.com
Community Manager

Re: How do i find ebays phone number?

in reply to lorraine33399

Follow this link and it will give you the relevant departments contact details for your query, you will need to provide some information on what you need assistance with:

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/home

Thanks, 
Alan 

Please use plain text.
aernethril
Community Member

Alan, there seems to be something not quite right with the system because it is extremely difficult to get to the page where you can call eBay and on some of the options there is only phone number, on others there's the option to call or Live Chat, but no option to email eBay.

A lot of the time, however, it's extremely difficult to get out of the endless loops of links.

********************************************************************************************
Please use plain text.
alan_uk@ebay.com
Community Manager

Alan, there seems to be something not quite right with the system because it is extremely difficult to get to the page where you can call eBay and on some of the options there is only phone number, on others there's the option to call or Live Chat, but no option to email eBay.

A lot of the time, however, it's extremely difficult to get out of the endless loops of links.

I've just tested it there and I got a phone number within 15 seconds. Some departments are not available via phone so it may ask you to Live Chat or email, however most scenarios should return a phone number. 

Thanks, 
Alan 

Please use plain text.
aernethril
Community Member

I've just tested it there and I got a phone number within 15 seconds. Some departments are not available via phone so it may ask you to Live Chat or email, however most scenarios should return a phone number. 

Thanks, 
Alan 

:-(

I was trying to get it for very long time last night and had to give up in the end. 

If you type something in the search bar and the next page comes up with suggestions, it then takes you out of the contacting eBay page and into one of the help pages.

It is then that you can end up going round and round the pages and links and keep coming back on yourself without ever getting to contact CS.

And now - I've just tried it on something else and it's gone straight to the contact by phone/Live Chat page?????

Did you wave a magic wand at it?

********************************************************************************************
Please use plain text.
megrim-uk
Community Member

If you say click the "account safety" option you get an 0845 phone number and a passcode valid for 15 minutes.

'To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?
Please use plain text.
42fowler
Community Member

Follow this link and it will give you the relevant departments contact details for your query, you will need to provide some information on what you need assistance with:

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/home

Thanks, 
Alan 

So how do I e-mail customer services in such a way that I can add an attachmnet tothe e-mail please

Please use plain text.
jesse--l
Community Member

Dear Alan,

Please let us all know exactly what you did to get a phone number in 15 seconds.  Many members (probably the OP included) use precisely that link and go round and round in circles, and do not end up with a phone number.

Many people with problems come to the Answer Center because they cannot get to the phone link.

Could a phone number for Customer Services be made more accessible do you think?

Jesse

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh!
Please use plain text.
loveabargainido
Community Member

Dear Alan,

Please let us all know exactly what you did to get a phone number in 15 seconds.  Many members (probably the OP included) use precisely that link and go round and round in circles, and do not end up with a phone number.

Many people with problems come to the Answer Center because they cannot get to the phone link.

Could a phone number for Customer Services be made more accessible do you think?

Jesse

Me too , I spent a frustratingly long time the other evening trying to find a telephone contact point for CS but was sent all round the sticks in an endless loop....

........there was me , tired , annoyed , frustrated ,  ....trying to save some members from losing lots of money  but prevented from doing so by Ebay's inability to create  a simple , obvious , convenient phonelink button in a place that does not need a Jonathon Creek to find.

I gave up in the end and many members were scammed.....

Why is the trading safety of honest members not the first and foremost consideration ?

Please use plain text.
loveabargainido
Community Member

Alan's link turned out to be same old link that sends you round in circles .......unless you enter your problem as Account Safety ( which 99 times from 100 it wouldn't be ) you won't get to see a phone number and you'll land up back at square one.

Cut to the quick.....

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?query=1488

Please use plain text.
jesse--l
Community Member

Thanks for the link, lovesabargain. 

It will change as soon as CS start to get overwhelmed with calls.  The last link I have saved which gave the information in your link, now sends you to the roundabout - no phone numbers.  They change the link regularly. :smileyindifferent:

Thanks though, as your link is currently useful, as least.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh!
Please use plain text.
denese1065
Community Member

When youve clicked on the link, save it to your favourites, it saves time 'next time' you need to contact them... pessimist i know... ;-)

Please use plain text.