eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
applefrommars
Community Member

Re: Below standard! Anything I can do?

in reply to babylons*burning

Could the problem lie with item description apple?

That one's over the percentage but I'm not sure about the number.

Number is the same for Description as the other categories (3 in a year for a small seller) - it's the % that's lower (1% for Description, cf 2% for the other categories) - unless it's changed recently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting for a U-turn on FVF on international P&P

Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

in reply to applefrommars

applefrommars wrote:

Could the problem lie with item description apple?

That one's over the percentage but I'm not sure about the number.

Number is the same for Description as the other categories (3 in a year for a small seller) - it's the % that's lower (1% for Description, cf 2% for the other categories) - unless it's changed recently.

That is correct.  OP do you have any other issues on your account, such as policy breaches?

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

in reply to star-212

Are all of the items that you are listing your own personal possessions?  There seem to be a very high percentage of new items so some people may be suspicious of you being a business seller and rate you lower because of it.

As far as the low postage star situation goes you have already been given the correct advice, increase your prices and make everything freepost.  Yes it will cost you listing fees for a while but, if you don't take that route, you may lose the ability to sell and if you do, so will everybody else who's account can be linked to you.  It is by far and away the easiest star to turn round though, due to the auto 5 stars.  The only hard part is making sure that you actually sell (not list) at least as many items in August this year as you did in 2012, the same in September and every month from now on so the percentages don't get any worse.

Please use plain text.
sage12greens
Community Member

in reply to star-212

I don't think you have got time to wait for free listing weekend, you need to increase the amount of good transactions immediately since your downfall is the item description star that can not be higher than 1%, yours is 1.21%. You are just about within the allowed limit on P&P charges which is 2% or 3 low stars so free P&P from now on seems to be a good idea. If I remember correctly private sellers are evaluated on the 20st each month for the previous month so you still have got a few days till the end of the month to better the standing of your account.

You need to list everything you can but only good quality preferably new stuff for the lowest price possible. If I would be you I would go out and buy a bunch of cards, good quality birthday cards for example, list them at 99p with free P&P for 3 days. Yes, it will lose you some money but you need temporarily forget about making profit, this is about saving your account and getting the transaction count up. A card can be sent in a regular brown envelope (you can get about 50 of those for a pound in Pound shop) as long as you put a cardboard insert slightly bigger than the card in it to prevent damage so start shredding those cereal boxes. Maybe there is someone on here who can work out exactly how many good transactions OP needs to get the low rating count for item description below the dreaded 1%.

I speak from experience, I was below standard several months a go as well, I already started to get "don't lose your ability to sell" e-mails. I reckoned that since most likely I will soon be banned and unable to sell on E-bay ever again I may as well try to get out as much stuff as I possibly can so I listed around 270 items in one week, sold around 125. That did the trick, on the next evaluation I was Top Rated Bronze seller with above standard performance.

Hope this helps

Good luck, please do keep us updated.

Please use plain text.
thrpo
Community Member

in reply to sage12greens

sage12greens wrote:

I don't think you have got time to wait for free listing weekend, you need to increase the amount of good transactions immediately since your downfall is the item description star that can not be higher than 1%, yours is 1.21%. You are just about within the allowed limit on P&P charges which is 2% or 3 low stars so free P&P from now on seems to be a good idea. If I remember correctly private sellers are evaluated on the 20st each month for the previous month so you still have got a few days till the end of the month to better the standing of your account.

You need to list everything you can but only good quality preferably new stuff for the lowest price possible. If I would be you I would go out and buy a bunch of cards, good quality birthday cards for example, list them at 99p with free P&P for 3 days. Yes, it will lose you some money but you need temporarily forget about making profit, this is about saving your account and getting the transaction count up. A card can be sent in a regular brown envelope (you can get about 50 of those for a pound in Pound shop) as long as you put a cardboard insert slightly bigger than the card in it to prevent damage so start shredding those cereal boxes. Maybe there is someone on here who can work out exactly how many good transactions OP needs to get the low rating count for item description below the dreaded 1%.

I speak from experience, I was below standard several months a go as well, I already started to get "don't lose your ability to sell" e-mails. I reckoned that since most likely I will soon be banned and unable to sell on E-bay ever again I may as well try to get out as much stuff as I possibly can so I listed around 270 items in one week, sold around 125. That did the trick, on the next evaluation I was Top Rated Bronze seller with above standard performance.

Hope this helps

What a brilliant post!  Something like this should be pinned on one of the SC boards!  Smiley

Please use plain text.
the-ginger-ninja
Community Member

in reply to thrpo

thrpo wrote:

sage12greens wrote:

Hope this helps

What a brilliant post!  Something like this should be pinned on one of the SC boards!  Smiley

While applauding the setiment there are a couple of things to point out.

The OP is already below standard so cannot use FLWs and they are not registered as a business seller therefore cannot buy in items to sell. Even if the intention is to save the account by making a loss if need be, they would still need to register as a business.

The OP does need to make sure they are selling at least as much as they were in the same month last year to keep their percentages up, ideally they need to be selling more to dilute those low scores however they cannot afford to sacrifice the quality and claritity of the listings. 

Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

in reply to the-ginger-ninja

the-ginger-ninja wrote:

While applauding the setiment there are a couple of things to point out.

The OP is already below standard so cannot use FLWs and they are not registered as a business seller therefore cannot buy in items to sell. Even if the intention is to save the account by making a loss if need be, they would still need to register as a business.

The OP does need to make sure they are selling at least as much as they were in the same month last year to keep their percentages up, ideally they need to be selling more to dilute those low scores however they cannot afford to sacrifice the quality and claritity of the listings. 

However the OP can go down the boot sale and buy lots of DVD's to watch and then sell them afterwards.  Or they can purchase a bulk lot of birthday cards and resell the ones that they don't wish to keep for themselves. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.