hbibby-2012
Community Member

what does code mc999 mean?

hi all

purchased a item a while ago which after the sale got removed,and now ebay are being awkward about the case,the thing is it was removed on code mc999 what does that mean?

Please use plain text.
stargazingbunny
Community Member

Re: what does code mc999 mean?

in reply to hbibby-2012

I don't know, and it's probably irrelevant as it's just one of Ebay's codes for a policy violation, it doesn't really matter to you which violation it was removed for, you just need to get your money back.

When you say Ebay are being 'awkward' about it, what do you mean exactly?

Please use plain text.
lemon-p
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspensions-reinstatement-talk/39038-genuine-account-suspended-mc999.ht...

--------------------------------------------------------------
Defective Inspector lemon at your service!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
hbibby-2012
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

well they said when i asked(by phone) it was removed on trademark violation.yet now they want me to prove its a fake to get my money back,the woman on the phone said they hadn't verified that it was a fake just removed on trademark violation.i thought it was the same thing?

Please use plain text.
alex_stokoe
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

MC999 is a rapper, who rhymes about life working for the Emergency Phone lines.

Piscean eironeia of the highest order.
Please use plain text.
jambuttyminer
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

Did you actually get the item?

If so do you want to return it?

If you never received it then you don't have to prove anything, just open item not received dispute in paypal.

Please use plain text.
okguy2003
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

... now they want me to prove its a fake to get my money back ...

Normally, eBay puts the onus on the seller to prove that an item is authentic:

Sellers and buyers must work together in good faith during the resolution process to satisfy buyer concerns that an item may not be authentic. For example, sellers should provide the buyer with appropriate documentation or other assurances that the item is authentic, if such information is available.

(Taken from http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/buyer-protection.html#authentic)

Please use plain text.
hbibby-2012
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

no i got it unfortunatly for me as it would have been so much simpler lol.they just ask me to prove thats it counterfeit when they removed the item for trademark violation anyway.sigh im sick of ebay.:_|

Please use plain text.
jeanette3963
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

why do you want to return it?

Please use plain text.
hbibby-2012
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

no i want my money back as it was a fake item,i havent even got it now anyway as its with the law

Please use plain text.
jeanette3963
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

did you think it was counterfeit as soon as it arrived?  What sort of item is it - could you take it to an authorised seller of the genuine article and have it authenticated or otherwise.  Usually, if you are able to get a document from an authorised seller indicating the item is counterfeit, eBay do not require you to return it in order to obtain a refund.

Please use plain text.
jeanette3963
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

no i want my money back as it was a fake item,i havent even got it now anyway as its with the law

why is it with the law and what sort of "law" is it with - on what basis?  The police dont prosecute cases of selling counterfeit goods - Trading Standards do - if you have handed it to them then you would have a receipt indicating they have siezed it because it is counterfeit - that should be enough for eBay.

Please use plain text.
hbibby-2012
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

so if i just give them the crime ref number then from the police? will that be enough?

Please use plain text.
jeanette3963
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

no, it wont - what sort of "crime" did you report?  As I said, it would be Trading Standards that undertook any prosecution.  On what basis did the police retain it?  It is not illegal to be possession of a supposedly counterfeit item and the police will not investigate whether it is.  You need something from Trading Standards confirming it.

Please use plain text.
hbibby-2012
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

they still took it i gave them a long list of other items they had sold.thier feedback+ address ect.and correspondance from ebay.to be honest i dont see why trading standards would have it anyway as its still a police matter if they broke the law,im assuming trading standards would just follow it up o

Please use plain text.
hbibby-2012
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

i did additionally take it into a brand shop selling these items and did have a verbal confirmation that it was fake(me being stupid didnt think to ask for a copy of that though lol)

Please use plain text.
jeanette3963
Community Member

in reply to hbibby-2012

Trading Standards are the prosecuting authority - not the police.  You need to go back to the police, ask them where your item is, retrieve it and take it to Trading Standards yourself.  It would be interesting to ask them what crime they are investigating and what progress has been made - I think you will find your item is sitting in a cupboard somewhere.

Please use plain text.