eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Buy iPhone 6 Now
just_for_you_girls22
Community Member

5EAPB Party pills?

These are being sold on ebay!!  Please tell me how DRUGS that are killing our kids are freely available on here? 

I know they call them-EAPB Research Chemical. Benzo Fury aka 6-APB / 5-APB Replacement

but the ones I found were discribed as PARTY PILLS!! 

I think ebay should get a grip on these NOW!!

Please use plain text.
wskneil
Community Member

Re: 5EAPB Party pills?

in reply to just_for_you_girls22

It is not illegal so eBay have not banned it. Don not expect a company driven by the profit motive to have a social conscience, unless they are outed by the Daily Mail, or similar

Please use plain text.
sharon1265
Community Member

Have you reported it?  After all, there must be millions of adverts on ebay and they can't be expected to find everything unless people report.

Please use plain text.
*vyolla*
Community Member

They're probably made of chalk and sherbert.

As you've got to be over 18 to use an ebay account, I don't think that kids will be buying them via ebay.

Please use plain text.
afantiques
Community Member

in reply to *vyolla*

Probably less harmful than alcohol anyway, but think of it as evolution in action. Fatalities mean fewer fecund fools.

af,
the dinosaur of eBay.
Please use plain text.
r1j2e3s4j5
Community Member

just_for_you_girls22 wrote:

These are being sold on ebay!!  Please tell me how DRUGS that are killing our kids are freely available on here? 

I know they call them-EAPB Research Chemical. Benzo Fury aka 6-APB / 5-APB Replacement

but the ones I found were discribed as PARTY PILLS!! 

I think ebay should get a grip on these NOW!!

Could you add a link to show the deaths occurred from these pills please?

Please use plain text.
muvva!
Community Member

in reply to r1j2e3s4j5
52 deaths from "legal" highs last year - thats double the number compared to the previous year

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/aug/28/legal-high-deaths-increase-year
Please use plain text.
muvva!
Community Member

in reply to muvva!
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nbome-and-benzofury-to-be-banned

The previous version of benzo fury has been banned - this "new" version is completely untested.
Please use plain text.
muvva!
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to muvva!

Interestingly, deaths from illegal drugs (which are almost exclusively heroin) are on the decline........

To put it in context there are around 500 deaths a year from illegal drugs (heroin/morphine) 

Now 10% of this figure is so called "legal" highs

They are only legal until the government makes them illegal. Most legal highs are eventually made illegal, they aren't safe, just because they are misleadingly labelled "legal" highs.

Please use plain text.
muvva!
Community Member

in reply to muvva!
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/describing-drugs.html

OP here is the report link

eBay do not allow the sale of "legal" highs
Please use plain text.
r1j2e3s4j5
Community Member

in reply to muvva!

I find it all so saddening really.

The drug that causes the most damage and deaths is perfectly legal........alcohol...........and yet powers that be make such a song and dance about 'alternative' highs.

Yes, some are justified.........heroin......who wants that around? 

Some of the others though are far less dangerous or bad for us than alcohol............and yet thats freely available in all supermarkets at discount prices,

Or to put it another way........I have never been scared to walk down the street or harmed by someone smoking weed or taking a pill...............but alcohol has.

Craziness.

Please use plain text.
muvva!
Community Member

in reply to r1j2e3s4j5
Yes, I agree the drug laws in this country are illogical

Alcohol causes deaths in the tens of thousands every year

Illegal drugs cause less than 1000 deaths a year

Which is more harmful? Which should be banned based on "harm reduction" policies?
Please use plain text.
bankhaunter
Community Member

in reply to muvva!

There is a difference with alcohol in that it is not necessarily the case that users intend it to have mind or body altering effects in the same way as they do with legal or illegal highs.

I go to market every Wednesday and have a couple of pints with friends, apart from possibly being a little more relaxed, in the absence of having to do tasks which may require quick precise reactions, it will have no noticeable effect on me for the next hour or so, I certainly don't drink to get a high.

It's the overuse of alcohol which creates the problem, you would have to look at for example at the practice of swigging down of cheap vodka before going out to compare it with drug use.

Please use plain text.
gazzer666
Community Member

What I find rather worrying is the trend that is happening in my daughters class. At 14 a majority of her class mates had tried excessive alcohol (she doesn't seem too as she doesn't like being sick) & used to end up looking after these friends on evenings out in friends houses. They are now 15-16 & went on to trying weed & now according to my daughter all they talk about is getting high or actually getting high. Worse s6till weed seems to have been the gateway drug we warned my daughter about & she says they are trying other things like MDMA.These kids are far more computer literate than their parents generally so would probably have no trouble signing up to Ebay as they do have debit cards. 

My daughter has a new group of friends who are anti this behaviour so there is no longer any peer pressure on that score (excuse the pun) but I really don't think party drugs should be sold on Ebay. Who knows what is in them?

Please use plain text.
gallovidian
Community Member

in reply to muvva!

muvva! wrote:
52 deaths from "legal" highs last year - thats double the number compared to the previous year

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/aug/28/legal-high-deaths-increase-year

That is for all sorts of legal highs, including some which have since been made illegal, snd possibly with better reason than for this one in particular. The Wikipedia article says that it has been associated with the death of one 32-year-old in the UK, and even that is far from saying it was the sole cause. Searching on the net for first-hand accounts of its use suggests that this particular legal high isn't as high as all that, and it might constitute a Sale of Goods Act case for anyone who was led to expect dramatic results.

Still, we have seen numerous valid points made on this thread. Its legality is purely a matter of when the authorities catch up. It is of unknown purity, sold by fly-by-nighters you have no reason to trust, and it hasn't been subjected to the extensive testing without which we would be alarmed to find a genuine medicament on sale. I'm old enough to remember thalidiomide, which was a perfectly good drug for most of the population, most of the time. The slide of young people into the "try anything available" attitude is extremely dangeous.

Still, the link we have been shows suggests that eBay does have the mechanism to remove such auctions if they are reported. None of the obvious search parameters turn up anything like this at the moment. It sounds like a manageable problem.

Please use plain text.
r1j2e3s4j5
Community Member

in reply to bankhaunter

bankhaunter wrote:

There is a difference with alcohol in that it is not necessarily the case that users intend it to have mind or body altering effects in the same way as they do with legal or illegal highs.

I go to market every Wednesday and have a couple of pints with friends, apart from possibly being a little more relaxed, in the absence of having to do tasks which may require quick precise reactions, it will have no noticeable effect on me for the next hour or so, I certainly don't drink to get a high.

It's the overuse of alcohol which creates the problem, you would have to look at for example at the practice of swigging down of cheap vodka before going out to compare it with drug use.

It isnt only the over-use of alcohol that causes problems.

Lets not forget, we arent talking about problems towards other people only. We are talking about problems to ourselves too.

You harm yourself with every drink you have.

Why is it perfectly fine for you to have your couple of pints every week out in the open but someone who wants to take an e tab (example) in the privacy of their own home cannot?  You drinking those two pints affects other people around you. The person at home, doesnt.

Every alcoholic drink someone has WILL cause mind and body altering states.

Many people, however, will drink sensibly, will never drive under the influence etc etc...................people, for the most part are thoughtful and respectful of others.............but there are always those who let everyone else down......the vodka swillers etc

The same applies to some drug users. Most users are sensible..............a few idiotic people let the side down.

But if the government wants to step in and control the use of drugs because they dont trust people to act sensibly...............they should stop the hypocrisy and include alcohol too.

Please use plain text.
bankhaunter
Community Member

in reply to r1j2e3s4j5

You drinking those two pints affects other people around you.

Nonsense, I have my couple of pints and when the bus arrives at the stop I finish my drink, say goodbye to my friends, cross the road taking account of any traffic, get on the bus and leave.

On my way home I usually do some more shopping then go home, my behaviour is absolutely no different than it is on the odd occasion when I have non alcoholic drinks instead of beer.

The intention of taking drugs is to get high whereas it cannot be said the person enjoying a glass of wine with a meal in a resturant is doing it for that purpose.

Please use plain text.
gallovidian
Community Member

in reply to bankhaunter

bankhaunter wrote:

You drinking those two pints affects other people around you.

Nonsense, I have my couple of pints and when the bus arrives at the stop I finish my drink, say goodbye to my friends, cross the road taking account of any traffic, get on the bus and leave.

On my way home I usually do some more shopping then go home, my behaviour is absolutely no different than it is on the odd occasion when I have non alcoholic drinks instead of beer.

The intention of taking drugs is to get high whereas it cannot be said the person enjoying a glass of wine with a meal in a resturant is doing it for that purpose.

Condemnation of alcohol (and other things) is very often a case of "damning those sins we have no mind to, while condoning those we do."  There is a lot of it about.

A major difference is that alcohol and the places for its enjoyment, and even tobacco, are the subjects of a vast and legal commercial network, and of our social customs, which grew up before the dangers were much appreciated. Partly it was a matter of economics, and I think taxation was genuinely at least begun to price at least people of modest means out of continual inebriation. Hogarth' drawings of seriously subhuman behaviour in Gin Lane did it, while while Sir Walter Scott's three bottles of claret a night just meant a little help from his valet and exercising his right to get up a little late in the morning. It is only our current prosperity and social levelling that has brought alcoholic poisoning with the reach of the masses.

But all this is with substances of known potential. This is world removed from trusting strangers whose only qualification is wanting the money. In the last couple of years street heroin has reduced in purity from about 40% to 15% or 20%. People are going to get into big trouble if it ever goes back again. No such unpredictables exist with  commercial alcohol or cigarettes. I doubt if gin will ever go back from 37% to 45%, even.

I think eBay are right to keep amateur pharmacuticals off the site, and it looks like they are making the effort.

Please use plain text.
vasos92
Community Member

in reply to gallovidian

I'm sure that alcohol, if consumed sensibly, does no harm to those who indulge or to those around them.

On the other hand nicotine (big Corporations) vs drugs (drug cartels) is a different matter. I believe nicotine takes 1st.prize as no.1 worldwide killer ! And it's legal too !

"Non Recuso Laborem"

Please use plain text.
alex_stokoe
Community Member

in reply to vasos92

If alcohol were invented tomorrow, it would be banned within a week.

I stopped watching The Simpsons when it turned rubbish. I stopped watching football when it got boring. I stopped buying Tizer when they changed the recipe. You see? SEE? DO YOU SEE?
Please use plain text.