Help from the Community
The place for eBay buyers and sellers to ask questions about buying and selling on eBay.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse the Community

Member To Member Support

The place for eBay buyers and sellers to ask Community Mentors questions about buying and selling on...

16475 Posts

Activity in Help from the Community

Items that i sold not delivered

I have sold 10 items on my first listing, and it has been around 2 weeks since the first item was sold and dispatched. The problem is none of them have been delivered apart from one. I'm not sure whether this is an issue with the app or the postage s...

User avatar by Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

problem updating pictures

Hi everyone,I hope everyone is doing well. I have been having trouble with eBay for the past four weeks. At first, I thought the issue would be resolved in a few days or a week, but now it has been over a month and I am still having problems. The iss...

Resolved! UNABLE TO CONTACT BUYER

I listed a ghost face funko pop and had a buyer I was contacted for more information and pictures of the pop I was selling and as we were about to seal the deal someone else bought it. I then cancelled the listing. The buyer then offered to pay me pr...

IMG_7060.jpeg
User avatar by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

M

Bid was £11 seller accepted add a message saying congratulations £11 + £9.24 vat will be applied so how much is it I actually pay because my offer was £11

Resolved! Account restricted

Hi,My eBay account has been restricted. There were two feedbacks on it and two items were sold, but it's unclear why it was restricted. Please kindly help so that my account can be reinstated.my ebay id: amsha-8993

Return failed. Address unknown

Hi. I ordered something that arrived damaged to the point of being unusable. I contacted the seller first and they asked me to keep it for a small discount. I declined and went to eBay for a return label and refund. The day I took it to the post offi...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

EAN & MPN numbers

I want to sell an item on eBay but I do not have the EAN and MPN numbers, I have looked at similiar items for sale on eBay but they do not match. When I tried to publish my item for sale it was rejected. What do I do next?

Resolved! Telling Ebay that a return request has been resolved

My buyer asked for a return on the basis of missing parts. I have messaged him several times (through Ebay) and the matter has now been resolved to everyones satisfaction. Ebay still insist I need to sort it. How do I tell them the matter is now clos...

Two items bought

The buyer was immediately contacted by EBay asking for feedback ...as she had only just paid she said 'the goods had not arrived yet ' and then tapped the negative feedback button thinking that was for eBay not her seller me ! When they arrived four ...

Resolved! Sticker

Hi All Could someone please help me out so I order a bedroom stitch name wall sticker in the txt it said to put the name so I did then I saw another box so I put can it be like this (Look on photos)so when it finely came I open it and my child's name...

1000000179.jpg

Hacked

Hi How do I contact eBay? Someone has hacked my account and sold a Hoover to someone but I don't sell on eBay and there is no option to report this?

Bidding bug

Whenever I click on Bid Now on an item in my Watchlist I'm getting the message in red Transaction blockedThis item is not offered as a Buy it Now.Attention Buyer Bidding works OK though when I 'go into' the item and bid. Anyone else getting this?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Global Shipping tracking not updating

Hi. I sent an item on April 10th to Germany via the Global Shipping Programme. According to tracking it arrived at Amsterdam Schipol Airport on April 17th, SIX days ago, but that's the last update and now the buyer has put in a claim for a refund due...

Item ID 126432155565

Hello,re: Item ID 126432155565I recently sold this item which was my own old item but I have been charged a transaction fee. I noticed on some of my orders I am charged this fee and some are not. Please because all my items on sale are my own old ite...

Postage

HiI always use the ebay postage system and after my item was sold the price had changed , the item was no heavier or bigger than I expected, I priced the postage at what eBay estimated, now its sold the same postage option has doubled in price So I h...

Buyer wants t view an item ??

Hello. I am selling a boat trai6ler so a coulpe thousand pounds in value. How does the buyer get my details to be able to view the trailer as Ebay seller protection or what ever will not let me send him my contact number. ? infact any detrails to con...

Moved address

I sold an item, got paid and posted the item all in the same day - I messaged the buyer with a copy of the proof of postage for them to say that they have now moved. There isn't anything I can do- is there?

Faulty item

I received a faulty item and it was found faulty after it was installed in the car. It is the drive shaft and not easy to remove. The mechanic is asking for further fee to remove it and reinstall the old one. The seller accepts return but postage sha...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Payment

I refunded a buyer as the item didn't arrive, now the item has arrived and she wants to keep it, how does she pay for through ebay

Damaged item

Hi, I ordered a stroller and when I received it was damaged, took video and picture of the item when I was unpacking. The seller send in wrong colour and damaged and he agreed with the mistake he made and he offered me to pay reimburse which I was ha...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to link new nectar card

Good afternoon.Hope your all well, in short lost my nectar card , it was already linked to ebay got a new one with same details but now i cant unlink then link it to ebay as it states Your Nectar account has been temporarily disabled. We cannot show ...

Feed back

I no longer give feedback. I gave a true feedback about a seller who was very very rude and personal in his communication. What I said was 100% correct but he contacted eBay and got my post removed so if a seller can do that what is the point . It th...

Selling

I'm trying to sell my AirPods however they keep getting taken down every time I list because of 'counterfeit items' even though they are not.

Clarity on Taxidermy

Good afternoon, So I made a listing to sell a taxidermy barn owl yesterday (22/4) but the listing was removed due to "You listed an item from a species of bird that is protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. We appreciate that you chose to utiliz...

Need Advice..

I purchased a New phone on September 2023..The phone arrived with the wrong battery..I have been in contact with the person who I purchased the phone from..They said there was the correct battery in the post..Im still waiting on the correct battery.....

I received negative feedback as i was in intensive care in hospital ( obviously unplanned)

Whilst in intensive care in hospital ( obviously not planned ) I had a sale and was clearly not in a position to post the purchase. I got negative feedback " Avoid avoid avoid " I've always had 100 percent feedback . I've appealed to eBay but they've...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

False prosecution by Ebay

On Saturday 20/04/2024 I received a demand from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd as per instructions from EBAY COMMERCE UK LTD for an 'overdue account of £520.29'.This came as a complete surprise to me as I have only ever used Ebay to buy the ocassional D...

I created eBay account on 21st April-2024 and on 22nd April-2024 eBay restricted my account

I created eBay account on 21st April-2024 and on 22nd April-2024 eBay resctricted my account without any specific reason. i haven't even started selling. eBay thinks my business is risk for eBay community. and on otherside i am doing business on Amaz...

Tablet to lock - returns weren't completed

Hi I purchased a Samsung tablet for my hubby. No issues with it. It WAS working fine.Now it comes up with the fact it is to be locked because the returns that were supposed to be sent, haven't been. The seller said that they could stop this but, they...

Delivered to wrong address

EBay app had an update and it changed my primary address to an old address I forgot to remove from my account and today my items got delivered there,no idea what to do I've contacted eBay customer service but they were useless

Ended Items on Watchlist

Hilately I have not been able to see how much items on my watchlist have sold for? Once they have ended I used to be able to see the winning bid price, Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

User avatar by Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buyer request refund

Hi.. I have a buyer who has asked for a refund as not working.. I have asked for photo evidence to be sent of item and packaging etc but they have refused..? What can I do next?

Option to 'promote listing' has disappeared

Until a few weeks ago, if an item didn't sell and I chose to relist it, I had the option to 'promote listing'. This option has disappeared. I am a private seller. I have tried on both the app and on my computer and it's not available on either. On th...

Returns

Hi therehas anyone got any advice on how to stop people misusing the returns policy. I'm so tired of people using item not as described when it's not true.

Seller not responding

Hi, I purchased 2 fitted bed sheets but they never arrived, I contacted the seller telling them they asked me to give them time while they look into the situation.It's been a few weeks since this conversation & eBay have just closed the the request.i...

Sending an invoice for reportage

Hi I sold something three months ago. The buyer never took delivery and it was eventually returned to me. The buyer has now contacted me and i am happy to resend the item if she pays for the second postage. How do i send her an invoice for the postag...

Issue buying

I recently bought a top off here but got insufficient funds in my account till next week, what will happen, will eBay delete my account .. also couldn't message the seller to cancel

Item Collection not confirmed

I collected an item from a seller, but forgot to give them the collection code. The item is still "pending collection".I have contacted the seller via ebay, but they dont seem to be reading their messages.I am concerned they wont receive their paymen...

Resolved! Funds on hold

I recently sold a new iPhone for £975. I posted the item, tracking shows it as delivered, the buyer left good feedback - including photos of him holding the phone; but eBay won't release my funds (£845) until thirty days after delivery. I know this i...

return

anybody else, printed the return lable and sent iterm back only for ebay return status doesnt move to sent back . now seller has the iterm and eaby isnt responding to help out and ive paid for postage and the iterm ???????Not Sure it is safe to bbbbb...

My account

I haven't been able to sell anything for 10 years the then partner used my account and she got it banned from selling when I talked to eBay they said I needed to show them proof I couldn't cos we split up n wasn't speaking what can I do I carnt get t...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Negative, libelous feedback

Been a member since 2006, seriously considering no longer selling on this platform, 100% positive feedback a buyer claims that they didn't receive an item a cheap £12.50 item with free shipping, I immediately refund everything, weeks after I sent it ...

Listing stuck at 1 View

Hi all Im having a issue with eBay that iv never in counted before so basically I have some items up for sale that are quite popular items that sell all the time on eBay but all my listing are barely getting any views and are all at 1 view after a we...

archive

I listed and sold several items in Nov/DecI haven't been on ebay since for personal reasons. I have just logged in to relist some of the unsold items but all have been removed. My sold and unsold sections are empty.... why? can anyone help please

Postage policy and delivery rate tables

Hello, I have been trying to setup my seller account. I want to use delivery rate tables for postage which I have setup.Now I need to apply those to a postage policy, but where I should get a dropdown with the delivery rate tables, I get nothing.Does...

User avatar by Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Item not delivered

I ordered a vatika hair oil and it was not delivered, I sent in message to the supplier the evening of the delivery date and as at that time it was showing as despatched. The supplier told me it will be looked into. For 3 days we sent messages back a...

i sold a set of books on ebay and the buyer has requested a refund stating the items are defective.

I sold a set of 18 books of the same series and the buyer wants a refund claiming the item is defective due to the print being too small to read. They were in excellent condition and the print is a standard size. I would like advice as I don't think ...

No sales for nearly 2 months

I haven't sold a thing for almost two months. I sell old sewing machines, I've sent offers, experimented with the rip off promoted listings, still nothing. I know my postage rates are high, but I live in Ulster and to send anything across the water, ...

Miss selling sterling silver

I bought a sterling silver pendant and only wore a few times as I thought it was special. Turns out it's not sliver iirs turned green . I don't know what to do I have asked for a feedback review but have been ignored

faulty item

I purchased 2 drawer knobs at £6 each back in February but all the coating and and image is starting to come off. As the returns date has gone past 30 days, the seller is Reid using to do anything. Can someone help?

Dress that didnt match description or photo

I am trying to return a dress to the seller. The seller has agreed to pay for the return postage but won't provide me with a label that I can print out. The automated system doesn't understand my problem. I just want the seller to message me with the...

Postage

Is it fair if you provide tracking and proof of posting Royal Mail does not deliver that eBay allow buyers to put negative feedback, even though you have done nothing wrong yourself,

searching refurbished products

There is a landing page on Ebay about guarenteed refurbished goods, & you search by brand. Other than that you can search by category. I would like to buy a refurbished exterior DVD player for my laptop. There doesn't seem to be a category for DVD pl...

No refund case false info

Hi, Some advice please. A seller brought a case with ebay for non refund to return deadline expired, so no refund and items are with seller.3. How is this correct anyway, seller has money for items the he has, buyer out of pocket!?(2. The items were ...

Selling

I sold a fishing rod on eBay I put the postage as eBay recommended and when I took to post office the price doubled so told the seller and all he did was call me a scammer and put that on a negative feedback how do I stand with this I think it's out ...

Sell

Do not sell anything on eBay as eBay is ripping people off that no return policy is a lie because people can still return the item and eBay lats them make false reports. They do not care and rip the sellers off so if you're planning on selling anythi...

Selling Item Out of Warranty

Hi,If I'm selling an item that is new, never used, in original packaging but has been in the cupboard for years therefore the manufacturers warrany is expired.Should this be listed as New? Or New Other?Does it matter that there is no longer warranty ...

Postage

I've sold several items to a buyer in Ukraine. I've tried to send the Invoice but receive a message that I have excluded this country. I cannot see that I have excluded Ukraine or any other country to post items to. Could any one help

BNWT clothing

With eBay now allowing us to sell used clothing for free, will we still be charged for selling a single item which is BNWT?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rating an item for feedback

eBay has introduced a compulsory field "How would you rate this item", stars 1 to 5, before I can leave feedback for an item purchased. I would like to leave feedback for the purchase, but I am not prepared to rate a brand new item - I want to have u...

Buying an item with a false description.

I have bought a dvd set that dosn't work on my player as it is the wrong region I have sent the dvd back to the seller who is now refusing a refund because the 30 day period has expired,I was away when the item arrived,and after communication with th...

Buyer wants to return

I have a buyer that wants to return a item saying the weight is wrong but we know that the weight is correct . We posted it with Royal Mail but Royal Mail have put the wrong weight on the label I have asked the seller to put the item on scales or tak...

Resolved! Mark as dispatched

Hi, I have recently posted an order but when I try to Mark as dispatched it won't changed to dispatched and shows in the awaiting dispatch order, I've looked through eBay for help on this but getting nowhere, does anyone know how to get the Mark as d...

Resolved! Refund

Had a buyer purchase a high value game, it didn't turn up for nearly three weeks. Contacted royal mail and they said assume it lost, the buyer requested a refund which was processed successfully. The tracking has since stated it has been delivered, t...

Reactivate account

Subject: Request for Reinstatement of Suspended eBay Seller AccountDear eBay Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out regarding the recent suspension of my eBay seller account. I understand that there may have been an issue ...

Money back

Hi I bought a suitcase and wanted to cancel 24 hours after I ordered it as no longer needed.it was to late it had already been delivered to Argos . I picked it up sent it back with my details recorded delivery as I didn't realise they did return serv...

Resolved! Delivery

Hi, When will my order leave the international hub? Its been nearly a week and there is no update on my order since. My order number is 18-11414-26228 Thank You. Michael Herneman

Feedback.

Does anyone know why I haven't received any feedback from my last 30/40 purchases but keep being prompted to leave it for the seller?

Just received an empty package

I bought some antique coins from a dealer and he sent it to me second class 'signed for'. Today I received the package, but the postman didn't ring the doorbell for me to sign it and just put it through the letterbox. I was in at the time and didn't ...

Seller advised me item not in stock

I bought an item....recieved email from seller advising its not on stock...asking me to get in touch..The email is in broken English.....i have not responded to the email as im.sure the next thing they will ask for my bank details...i think they are ...

Restrictions

Hi. I currently don't have restrictions on my account. There is little I can do. I get that and have to sit it out...currently on Month 4. I had to cancel some sales and sent some parcels late. I will not do that again! However, when I review my dash...

Order Confirmation page

Hi I have sold an item but the buyer didn't pay & no longer wants to proceed.i have received an email from EBay that it's been sold to someone else but I can't find out any more info.hiw to I find the order confirmation page on eBay?

Buyer refund

Morning, sold item as spares or repair, buyer collected in person knowing this and was going to take to be repaired....now they want a refund because the repair is too expensive, where do I stand?

Wrong statement of facts

So I bought a car part that the seller advertised as being for my car but it doesn't fit... I started the return but it was asking me to pay the postage back.. Well I don't belive I should pay for something that was wrongly advertised.

Sale to Guernsey. Advise appreciated please

Hi, I've just had a sale to Guernsey. The sale is only for £10 with free postage. I'm trying to navigate this and from what I have ascetained the postage is the same as for U.K so for a small parcel with royal mail that's £3.69 but what I'm unsure of...

User avatar by Engager
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Payoneer wrong country

Trying to sell an item for the first time in a quite a few years, don't have the managed payment set up on my account so I've started that but when I get to payoneer address page, the country is set as qatar. I'm in the UK and always have been! No id...

Possible hacked account

Recently noted that I had an email saying that I had an item for which I had not completed checking out. It was for something that I had not ordered, nor would I order. It looks like my ebay account was accessed without my permission, however they we...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

can't buy

Hello. I have a couple of items in the watch list that doesn't let me buy them, I get a message saying, "The seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you". I can't understand that.If you can help, would be very appreciated.Thanks.Alex.

Buy it now

I listed an item with buy it now. This shows if I look at it via revise listing. However, it is not showing on the listing for potential buyers. Button is missing.

Cancelled order

Buyer paid for an item last Friday 19th & I posted it the following day in the morning to ebay`s global shipping service in Lichfield. Signed in later thet day to enter the tracking number but the item had disappeared. Found it another way & entered ...

Stop Items Relisting If They Do not Sell

HiI'm trying to stop items relisting if they do not sell. I've read that you can go into 'Review Listing' and at the bottom above 'Submit' you can change it. I've tried this and there is no option at the bottom and there is no 'Submit' button, just '...

Login in prolems!

Cannot log into my normal account. My password keeps saying having problems? So requested a temporary code on.my normal telephone number . Nothing sent. So I requested a email. Nothing sent . Spoke to customers support and day 1 they said they would ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Account verify

Hi, i keep getting messages from Ebay regarding verifying my account. Ihave no photo government I.D.,and not getting a passport specially and would really rather not change my old paper driving licence.Ive been sent two micro deposits which ive confi...

Postage

Can anyone advise me please - I'm new to this eBay selling. I have a parcel to post but the post label is wrong and not the correct type for the size of the parcel. I wish to change it for a tracked Royal Mail type but I don't know where to look to c...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

eBay Messages not shown in Inbox

I'm receiving Messages from an eBay account in my private email account but they are not showing in my eBay message area.eBay - bodybuildingwarehouse <6d7a44cdb0aa7c13eb84@members.ebay.comThese messages are to do with a return I've started so look le...

What has happened with click and collect choice?

II want to buy something click and collect. Up to last week when you clicked on "buy" the next page gave you options, your address on file or the click and collect options. You chose what you wanted then confirmed. Now you have to fill in all your de...

Buying

HiRecently bid for item £45 was my max. Item sold for £45. What have I done wrong? So as not to repeat.

Won an item that I did not bid on

I have just received an email from eBay requesting payment on an item that I did not bid on. It is a dress that its not my size and at the time that I was supposed to have placed the bid I was eating out in a restaurant. I did place a bid on a simila...

appealing against a refund

I am a seller .I have been trying to start an appeal against a dcecision ebay took to refund a customer.The website is something of a nightmare .I follow the instructions then hit a brick wall and cannot proceed. I try the bot message assistant who p...

How to preview an old order?

I'm trying to search an old order without going through all of my buying. Every time I try and search, the site takes me away from my orders and planks me back on the ebay buying site. Is there any way to search my old orders? Thanks

cancel order

Just did a sale and one day after apear the sale canceled and the refund done without i did nothing.Usually the buyeer ask to cancel the item and the seller do it.On this case the cancelation and refund was done by who? and how?

Nectar Unlinked

For some reason my nectar was card unlinked from my eBay account without my knowledge. I've made numerous purchases since and I would like the points missed to be added. I've only recently noticed this. It happened sometime after 13 March. How can th...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

item not recived

hi not happy as no refund for item i did not recive that day i had one delivery the printer cartrages not the a 4 paper will not be useing u again thanks u have showen no proff that paper was deliverd could have been other item

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suspected Counterfeit Pandora Jewelry

Should have known my bargain was too good to be true. Purchased 2 Disney murano charms from a seller on eBay- not only do neither of them glow in the dark like they're meant to, but the Princess Anna charm is orangey red when it should be a pink colo...

Community

My account was opened in 2009 in ukFast forward 2016 I moved to Belgium and I did contact Hmrc about my move so my insurance number is dormant and also tax return no more forms Now that I am in Belgium last few years I am selling goods. Do I get chas...

All "unsold" listings disappeared

I was away for a couple of months, and so I had ended all my listings, with the intention of re-posting them at a later stage. When logging in eBay today, I found out that all my old listings have completely vanished from the "unsold" section.Anyone ...

Bid timing altered

Has anyone else suffered from the time u bid being altered it happened to me this morning I won the item and the then when I went back the time I had placed the bid had been changed

Incorrect payment and refund

I have just offered an item that was listed at £60+£3.45P&P for £45+£3.45P&P. Unfortunately the purchaser has paid me £60+£3.45P&P and would of course like a refund of £15. What would be the best method to refund the overpayment given that eBay have ...

App issue

Hi, is anyone else having issues with the 'sold' tab, it is showing java error and not showing the buyers details?

Promoted listings

our promoted listings have become unavailable to use. We are unsure as to why. We are assuming it's some recent inactivity with listing etc as we were in the process of moving. Is this why? Or something else. Any help/advice would be great

Delivered to the wrong address

I choose eBay over Amazon due to their awful delivery workers! I ordered this and it says Amazon delivered it at 11.30 nothing has been delivered and I can't do anything cos eBay say it might still come...awful

"Item not received" Seller Resolution

Hi there, A buyer opened a case a few days ago due to an item not arriving. I followed up with Evri and it had been delayed at their end. The tracking then confirmed it had arrived, as did the buyer in a message. I am wondering why the case is still ...

Resolved! Refund

A buyer has requested a refund for an item of clothing that they say does not fit. I have a no refund or returns policy and always ask the buyer to look at the pictures and show all measurements. Should I refund and who pays the postage if I refund. ...

Cherished number plate

Hi everyone, I need some advise please. I have a cherished number plate that has been valued at between £950 and £1500 by seven different specialists. I have listed it with these sellers with no luck. I thought if I reduced the price to £649 and list...

Ebay liars

I offered three times below advertised offer, ebay then sent me invoice saying I agreed to advertised offer, they are liars, fraudulent, con artist, I have requested my account be cancelled after over 70 transactions, ebay are worse than drug supplie...

Refund

I am happy to refund but don;t want the item back. I chose this option from the drop down list but I am being asked to choose a return postage option

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Getting started

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarised with the eBay Community.

Additional Resources
Most Helpful Authors