ebay sales nosedive...!

Anybody else experiencing sales nose-diving/bombing lately? I am and I find it frustrating and annoying, knowing the downturn of my sales, coincided with the recent "update" of ebay's mobile app.
On average, I was selling 3-5 items a day and on a really good day, up to 10-13!! But now, averaging between 4-6 items a week! It's ridiculous. I used to list new items almost every day, to keep up with demand. But now, not been able to list new items, no thanks to the frickin' new app. I rely heavily on my mobile to list, deal and sell my items because I don't have a laptop, tablet or PC...nor do I have access to one.
So, I'm wondering if it's only me or if there's other members who are experiencing the same problem?
I want to challenge ebay to READ this and explain WHY it was necessary to update the app and WHY is the app useless!! Your turn, ebay...start digging that hole and say pathetic excuses to cover yourselves. Whoever decided to make changes and update the app should be fired!!!
Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

ebay sales nosedive...!

We're all in the same boat, boy!  Some of us are worse.  Some of us not only have money problems but health problems, too.

Within the past six months I've lost my car, behind with the rent, running out of electricity - power key system, and when that runs out I will be without any form of lighting or heating bar a few hot water bottles which we can boil up on the gas,  

On top of all this I am going to have to hire a car to take o/h to hospital and if I don't pay for Sky I sell nothing because they will then close the whole internet system down on me.

Yeah, I've got problems too - we've ALL GOT PROBLEMS! 

It's been a bad, bad year for everybody - we're ALL going under!Man MadMan MadMan Mad

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

ebay sales nosedive...!

Going back a few years I had a shop, once I had about 300 listings active, laws-of-averages started kicking in if you know what I mean and generally I made ok money. Trends and habits change quickly online eg. you'd think the run up to Christmas sales would always be the hottest, then you'd think it'd stop dead a few days before 25th Dec. But when I was selling antiques & collectables my sales rocketed in January with people spending money they'd saved for Christmas but not needed. Then (nowish) gardening stuff shifts IF you can nail the price right down. After Easter its quiet unless you sell holiday stuff. And, whatever you're selling, some days of the week might be better than others for some types of item. About 8 years ago I had a lot of old ships in bottles and they suddenly made me a good profit at a quiet time. I don't use my selling account much any more but I learned a lot from selling on ebay. 

And its very true we're all in the same boat. I used to get my giant reels of bubblewrap from an ebay shop run by a guy was a serious ceramic artist; he's given his life to bubblewrap for financial reasons because it was the only thing that he consistently made money on 😮 Nowadays I buy good materials cheap on here and make one-offs to sell in real time/life 🙂

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

ebay sales nosedive...!

Maybe I was a bit hard on the man!  😄  It's down to the stress and not knowing where the next penny is coming from.  I was a connoisseur of quality puzzles.  At one stage I had over 150 of them - puzzles like Ravensburger and Clementoni.  I was doing alright but then the botttom fell out of the market, the profit margin being pence instead of pounds.  I used to attend public auctions but then my car which I'd had for seven years had to go to that great scrap yard in the sky so I'm stuck with a trailer without a car which has put the mockers on my other sale item - gardening equipment in readiness for the Spring.  During the past six months it's been going from bad to worse.  It's a lot more difficult to sell stuff now than what it was a year ago.  I'm really having to sell myself with a vengeance - as in all sales related businesses you have to sell yourself as opposed to your products.  It's been a hell of a six month period with only a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.  As you agreed - we're all in the same boat.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

ebay sales nosedive...!

The Internet is destroying businesses and jobs by making goods and services easy to find and cheaper. Uber is doing it to taxis, Amazon did it to books, eBay to collectables,  Airbnb is doing it to accommodation, Wix is doing it for web design,  and now there is an app that is doing it to Law and also Medicine. These huge new businesses need vast domestic markets, which is why they are all desperate for us to vote to stay in the EU. But it matters not to small businesses and "small" people whether we are in or out, we could be better off out. Since we joined Europe the UK has lost Shipping, Fishing, Manufacturing, Coal and loads of other things. Ordinary people are no better off.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

ebay sales nosedive...!

Now that as written appears very sad: perhaps it's ebay altering your mind forever

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent