Ridiculous trend

Please forgive my ignorance ... But I don't understand the huge "trashed well worn shoes" industry on eBay . What is going on? Should we all start selling these? My young daughter came across these listings and asked me why these half nude men/women were selling this stuff. Surely eBay isn't 'that' kind of website. I'm liberal but I'm trying to understand why seemingly inappropriate stuff is being allowed. Your thoughts? Even if someone's view is very different I'm happy to hear it.
Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Ridiculous trend

It is aimed at buyers who have a shoe fetish .

It is inappropriate if your young child is viewing such listings but eBay is a site for adults only so best only to allow your child access under strict supervision .

If the listings do contravene eBay policy you can report them .

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Ridiculous trend

@winered07 wrote:
Please forgive my ignorance ... But I don't understand the huge "trashed well worn shoes" industry on eBay . What is going on? Should we all start selling these? My young daughter came across these listings and asked me why these half nude men/women were selling this stuff. Surely eBay isn't 'that' kind of website. I'm liberal but I'm trying to understand why seemingly inappropriate stuff is being allowed. Your thoughts? Even if someone's view is very different I'm happy to hear it.

Your post led me to look at the listings.  These made me very surprised.

I never realised eBay could provide this:

Blatant pictures of half-naked, handsome young men,  in clutching svelte shorts, displaying suggestively big lunchboxes, and shapely bronzed torsos, with pouting lips....

I don't hesitate to say, winered, that your single post has changed my view of eBay.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Ridiculous trend

Its a rum do Cat Surprised  ebay & the net in general are so vast that if there's a strange thing going on somewhere in the mass human psyche, it will show up here unless it specifically breaks the exact rules which are being enforced by a computer running an automatic algorythm. 

It surprises me that swearing isn't allowed, I don't wish to swear but there are much worse things allowed. 

Although the internet has now been around for donkeys years, its nature is that brand new things appear meteorically every day Robot surprised

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent