Is there anybody still here from the "Good Old Days" of the Nag's Head...

mad-insomniac

... before the trolls and eBay killed it?

I used to have friends there.

It seems this forum has moved on since with most everyone possibly assuming new posting ID's?

Message 1 of 76
See Most Recent
75 REPLIES 75

Ah now well now yes now there indeed would be something of an elderly chestnut from the days of good oldness, many ppl use several id.s as a kind of joke, I have several, its possible to construct entire threads by oneself which is "necessary" at times when nobody's posted for months, and an absolute godsend when you've been cut off by snow for a few weeks & started going mad 🙂 I don't believe anybody wants to hide, any business sellers will have already had to put their name and address somewhere on ebay 😉 we used to have a chap on the nags got really worried about security, but I've only known it go wrong once on the Shop sellers' board donkeys years ago. 

AND

(some would say more importantly)

very occasionally an argument can lead to unnecessary auction-wrecking so a posting i.d. may be considered necessary by some, I once had a bad experience that way 🙂

Blue Pacific Moonlight
etc.

(am not in any sense Tommy Steele)
Message 21 of 76
See Most Recent

Hello I used to post a long time ago under the name Mad Mare

Chris xxxxxxx

Message 22 of 76
See Most Recent

Hello indeed Chris Cat Very Happy I was trollforce for a time then trollf then didn't like the name for obvious reasons etc. etc. Halcyon days they were indeed Cat Very Happy ❤️

Message 23 of 76
See Most Recent

I have not been on here for years and I'm totally lost.

Message 24 of 76
See Most Recent

helloooooooooo, in answer to OP....Yes, but only about once a year nowadays... Smiley Sad

**waves to whoever is out there including that Tommy Steele Smiley Wink

sig' impounded at gare du nord
Message 25 of 76
See Most Recent

A friend of mine gave me a list and said would I mind posting these ids to a trolf  to see if he remembers any of them ..

Shms is here so I will start with 

Shms

brightsky 

there angels really

mowtown dave 

green woman

spawnjohn

sezame

barbara

fairy

anyhow ,he says hi to all including trolf..aka to many to list

Message 26 of 76
See Most Recent

I am indeed the eponymous trollf, since the Nags split up I've been keeping chickens & waiting for the day when we arise triumphant to bemoan once again the feedback changes of 2005. I too remember SHMS, its been 5 minutes now, but until 5 minutes ago had been ages. and the others inc. The Green Woman (who still has her shop & appears on facebook betimes) Spawnjohn (erstwhile partner of the above, not seen for some time) Sez is, I think, on facebook, was until they shut me down at xmas for looking a bit like a business The Nags was given a slick new look which guzzled bandwidth like I-don't-know-what and we just couldn't keep up the pace. But we remain in the shadows, and in England's darkest hour, which lets face it is probably about now, we will return, possibly appearing as a green horse's head on an aircraft's radar screen, but probably not. ANYWAY L@@K, its got so bad that hardly anyone even remembers the Nags, eBay expects every poster to give up and go on twitter but we know better I think. William Pitt the younger!! The Red Arrows!! King Arthur!! Robin Hood!! Lady Di!! Paul Gascoigne!! Are we going to go away quietly? Who do they think they are kidding Mr. Cameron/Corbyn/the rest of them? If they think old England's done?? I know times are hard, things are crazy! A dollar buys a nickel's worth, "just let me have my toaster and my tv and my steel belted radials and I'll keep quiet, I won't say anything" Well I'm not going to keep quiet. I'm not going to tell you to write to your MP, I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I want you to get up, out of your chair, go over to your computer, stick your head near the screen and say "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to avoid posting any more". Then we'll see a nice long page of recent threads. ***If it takes off I will start a pre-xmas knob thread*** ****I think I will anyway****
Message 27 of 76
See Most Recent

i'd second all those thoughts ^^^^^ if only i could understand them Smiley Tongue

anyhoo, i'm still alive and that must count for something...not only that but brightsky and i are still an item..

who'd have guessed. ? ? ..meanwhile "greenie" has got married to a splendid fellow and procreated too !!

i think a beer is in order to celebrate the fact that anybody even remembers the Nags, let alone who were regulars..

cheers and bottoms up i say...Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 76
See Most Recent

Awwww good well you & the Skyster always seemed intended 🙂

Message 29 of 76
See Most Recent

and my intentions were of course vair honourable...Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 76
See Most Recent

Gave freind the reply ,he says hi trolf and shms and sky...and good luck to greenie.... All chat forums on here seem to lack the chat bit,which must say a universe full of things about the moderators and non good 🙂

Message 31 of 76
See Most Recent

Nags was always too scary for me, 

i haven't posted anywhere for years

The boards look far more complicated than in the good old days, they don't move as fast as they used to and there doesn't seem to be the same fun element.

or maybe I'm just getting old and am out of practice

Yes, this IS a posting id
Message 32 of 76
See Most Recent

*waves to gob*

LTNS.....hope all is well in your world...Man Happy

Message 33 of 76
See Most Recent

omg a reunion of sorts and i wasnt invited ...........hello everyone *waves madly* ......glad to see you are all well .  As you can see i still follow shms around the boards ...i will pop in again soon ...you all have me reminicing over the good old days , i used to work nights and you all on Q/A kept me company , i used to look forwaqrd to work knowing there would be some craic on the boards 🙂

Message 34 of 76
See Most Recent

E-e-e-e-excellent 🙂 Waves to Gob, SHMS & Mme SHMS, unwaved to since before christmas

There ought to be a picture of Roxy my chicken

Message 35 of 76
See Most Recent

I wonder if the amount of community forum users is a reflection of ebay as a whole or just ebays management of its forums.

Hi to trolff ,shms ,mrs shms and gob 

Why and how did you come up with  trolff trolff ?  shms is also a bit cryptic ...were they picked for you by ebay like mine or are you both just mad 🙂

Message 36 of 76
See Most Recent

ahem, i'm perfectly sane .....apart from the tic...

(business initials btw, nuffin sinister)

and yep,,,,moderation killed these boards i'm afraid.

well them and BP'ers Smiley Sad

Message 37 of 76
See Most Recent

Thanks for explanation there shms ..is it like 'Sergio has more shops' abbreviation ?  🙂

I think moderation is quite light on here  ...I heard of the old days and james bp'ers and james from friends ..The forum I have been posting on is ok sometimes to see viewpoints from other angles ,fhg seems the same and here and chatterboxes (not the best name to describe it )  are it seems snowed in with trolff dandy major.

Still a good place to shop though 

Message 38 of 76
See Most Recent

is it like 'Sergio has more shops' abbreviation

yeah, thats the kind of thing although i prefer... seriously hot male specimen.......Man Tongue

yep, this place still has its uses...Man Wink

*waves goodbye to 2009 >>>>>>

progress huh ? ?  a lot of lovely folk decamped and never came back. then again FB etc etc have long since taken over.

Message 39 of 76
See Most Recent

We should have a "what's shms; business called" word game thread.

Trollf was short for Trollforce S. Newid, after a new i.d. was forced on me by a troll, the Cow Princess, not seen in this  parish for some time. Newid is almost a Welsh word or an actual Welsh word, depending on the context, it involves nudity 🙂

All my fine words etc. etc then BT found it a bit tricky giving me any fingerlickin broadband for ages!

Message 40 of 76
See Most Recent