Feedback

I have bought an item of a buyer in China. I paid for the item straight after the auction ended. 2 days later I then asked if the seller could leave me positive feedback and their reply was that they don't leave feedback until they receive POSITIVE feedback. Surely this against eBays rules 😞
Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Feedback

Why would you want to receive feedback until you have received the item and are happy with it.  All the seller can say is that you paid for the item.  Sellers cannot leave anything but positive feedback anyway, so there is no reason to chase feedback, especially when you probably dont even have your item yet.  Many sellers do not leave feedback until the buyer leaves them feedback.  All feedback is entirely voluntary for buyers and sellers.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Feedback

It's common practise for sellers to leave feedback, once they know the buyers have received their items OK. Some sellers will leave feedback, once the buyers paid for items. It varies from seller to seller really.
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Feedback

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

"Surely this against eBays rules"

No rules as leaving feedback is voluntary.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Feedback

no but what is against ebays rules is something called feedback manipulation, which is what you have just done! you cannot ask for feedback whether you are a buyer or seller, and what i tend to do is if im asked for feedback then i will deliberately withold doing so

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent