O/T Let's talk Footy.

Accy Staney were still 2-0 up the 88th minute against the League leaders Chesterfield earlier this afternoon...a goal in the 88th minute and an equalizer in the 90+4th minute cost up dearly...we need to play to the final whistle..switched off with 15 mins to go and cost us 2 valuable points.

"He who Dares" in this game.
Message 1 of 564
See Most Recent
563 REPLIES 563

Re: O/T Let's talk Footy.

Shame that mate 4 mins ! 
Could have been worse - Man U time 😄

Message 2 of 564
See Most Recent

Was gutted for you mate we would have gone just 1 point behind chesterfield if it had stayed 1-0 still only two points behind fancying our chances at the minute playing some good football the mighty millers.....nice to see others scoring too instead of relying on le fondre.....just hope our usual terrible run in doesnt arive this year

Message 3 of 564
See Most Recent

I am really pleased with Malky's young side. Unbeaten in 7 and 5 consecutive wins. I cannot remember ever seeing them 100% over a Christmas/New Year programme of games before now. Today's match was always a tough one. Survived a penalty and three floodlight failures, plus captain John Eustace was out injured, so very pleased with the 2-1 away win. 🙂

The biggest enemy right now is the transfer window. Malky has his work cut out holding on to key players. There has been talk of a possible new owner since early December, but nothing has happened. Without that, the club clearly needs to raise funds/cut costs. Not easy to do that and maintain a play off place. It's going to be an interesting month for the club. Just speculation alone can put pressure on players, especially youngsters, so Malky has a lot on his plate.

QPR aside, the game is on for several clubs chasing 2nd place and the play offs, so it is making it lots of fun each week.

Message 4 of 564
See Most Recent

Alex - despite the late goals, at least Accy got something out of the game. The top teams are very good at pushing hard until the final second of a game.

Message 5 of 564
See Most Recent

Nigel,
If we were offered 4 out of 6 points from the two games since New Years day we'd have gladly taken them.

We will struggle to hold onto our N0 7 Jimmy Ryan when the transfer windows opens soon..he was man of the match again today...too good for league two and we know that. Good luck to him.

Message 6 of 564
See Most Recent

alex,support a proper team ,like utd,then you wont have all these worries:-)

Message 7 of 564
See Most Recent

Daz - I have had more excitement following a smaller team than any big team could ever offer me with all their trophies. Supporters of smaller teams take less for granted. My highlight was seeing every game home and away (literally every kick - I have never left a game before the final whistle) for two promotion seasons and two relegation seasons in the space of the five seasons. That really is the ultimate rollercoaster ride of excitement and emotions that most big team supporters will never know.

Message 8 of 564
See Most Recent

nigel,i can understand that,the emotion and excitement aspect happens more often i suppose in such circumstances,less of a for gone conclusion:-)

Message 9 of 564
See Most Recent

Here , Here Nigel.

I'm always one od the last out..have to get the IP graphs after the match....Nice haul again today from the Chesterfield lads...I'll have those on here toomrrow.
You can't beat supporting your local team no matter which league they are in. I wouldn't swap Stanleyfor anyone.

Message 10 of 564
See Most Recent

Lets talk......shoes 😄

Nashville here we come !
Message 11 of 564
See Most Recent

Accrington Stanley 1 Bury FC 0
Joe Jacobson our "on loan" defender from Oldham Athetic
nets with his head in the 77th minute to send Stanley 5 places up the League 2 table to 13th position. Bury who are hovering around the play-off places were poor today and we deserved our win. Well done lads.
Ian Dowie was sat behind me in the stand today..Nice bloke and happy to sign a card for me.

Message 12 of 564
See Most Recent

Good result Alex. Next couple of games will be important for Accy. 6pts off playoffs, 9pts above drop zone. Time to pull away and challenge 6th place.

A little factoid from Watford's 4-1 win over Hartlepool in the cup - seven of Watford's starting lineup were products of the youth academy. Come the day when the powers that be in the game realise it will be common sense to enforce at least 4 or 5 home grown players in each starting lineup, Watford will be well placed to adhere.

Message 13 of 564
See Most Recent

Well done Stevenage - brilliant. 🙂

Message 14 of 564
See Most Recent

And well done Burton Albion . Celtic play Berwick Rangers away in the Scottish Cup tomorrow they put Rangers out of the Cup in 1967 so we don't want a repeat of that . I hear Freddie Ljungberg might be making his debut for Celtic .The last big name player to make his Celtic debut in a Scottish Cup game was Roy Keane , Clyde beat us 1-0 that day 😞 I'm sure we have learned from that .

Hail Hail
Message 15 of 564
See Most Recent

Newcastle never got out of second gear and were hit by a rampant Stevenage who have pulled off one of the biggest shocks in the history of the FA Cup.
All three North east Clubs beaten by lower league oponents. What a grim day for supporters of all 3 clubs.

Message 16 of 564
See Most Recent

Another Stanley win away from home..Today we beat Cheltenham..Terry Gornell scoring 6 mins before half time to put Accy in front...Thomas equalized for Cheltenham in the 83rd minute but hat still gave Liam Richardson enough time to bag the winner...Come on you Reds.:-D
moving swiftly up the table away from the relegation places. Can't ask for anything more.

Message 17 of 564
See Most Recent

Fingers crossed Accy keep the run going Alex. I am gobsmacked at Watford's form. Unbeaten in 9 games. 7 consecutive wins now (6 of them in the league). The big test is next week away to Cardiff. Still don't know if the buy out will happen or if we will keep everyone.

Message 18 of 564
See Most Recent

Stanley were 2-0 down with just 2 minutes to go today...Terry Gornell pulls one back in the 88th minute and Captain Andy Procter scores in the final minute to salvage a point down at Stevenage...Come on you Reds.

Only 3 weeks ago we were 2-0 up against league 2 leaders Chesterfield with only 2 mins left for them to do similar...we are learning from our mistakes...keep going till the final whistle is blown lads.... Happy days.

Message 19 of 564
See Most Recent

Well done on that result Alex, we lost for the first time since December 11th gutted as dropped a place and all teams behind us seemed to have won! 😞

Message 20 of 564
See Most Recent