Help from the Community
The place for eBay buyers and sellers to ask questions about buying and selling on eBay.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse the Community

Member To Member Support

The place for eBay buyers and sellers to ask Community Mentors questions about buying and selling on...

14043 Posts

Activity in Help from the Community

Head torch

I purchased a head torch in December and unfortunately it has never worked properly. I have sent regular messages on the contact seller service and seller has never replied. Ridiculous that I can't just send it back for a refund? Can't actually get h...

Accounts on hold

My name is Dinusha. I am a new seller on ebay recently i have created my account and every thing was going good and perfect but suddenly ebay have set my account on hold for 1 day and I need guidance that how can i contact with bay authorities and ho...

Resolved! exhaust tip

I have paid 160 but ordered as a guest for this item and seller is trying to say he cant refund and i have to buy again but i have proof i ordered and paid ehaust tip carbon fiber

User avatar by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buyer did not returned the item

Buyer requested a refund as he said the item arrived damaged. I made a full refund, asked the buyer to return the item and sent the buyer a returd label but the buyer did not returned the item and he is not responding to my messages.The case is alrea...

EBay refuses to send microdeposits.

Not sure if anyone can help but I'm going absolutely crazy with this one. I've reactivated selling on my account and ebay want to verify my bank account by sending some microdeposits but they simply won't send them. Basically, I've sold some items, t...

Scammed

Hi, just wonder if someone can help as I have been scammed. I bought an item in good faith with a value of over £100 but it is a fake as I was given a tracking link that showed another item being delivered today in Hong Kong from China instead of the...

Been fraud by seller the-ecu-man

Hi *BMW*/*MINI* family members . I just want everyone to aware from *FRAUD* company which in *UK* calls his self *HEXTRONICS.CO.UK* OR *TuneMyRide.co.uk* (+447468772277) 4 month ago I found him on ebay and contacted directly on his WhatsApp number wi...

Screenshot_20240318-231534_Firefox.jpg
User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with seller

An item I purchased on 8th March has not arrived. Contacted seller several times but no reply. Their site says to wait until 18th then report it. Strange thing is the seller site does not provide option to report it. I can't attach the screenshots un...

Urgent Help. I got scammed.

I sold an apple watch on Ebay yesterday. As soon as it got sold, I got a message from someone, asking whether I would post the item. Also, told me that he recently changed his address and gave me new address. I assumed that it is the buyer, but I was...

bid retractions

Ive had a bidder retract bids of 5 different items in less than a week using the excuse "entered wrong amount" but he retracted the bids 3 days after they were placed and never entered a corrected amount afterwards

Seller can’t pay, wrong currency?

I’ve made a sale through the global shipping program, but seller ,based in Brazil, said they can’t pay as invoice is in GBP and not US dollars. But that’s normal isn’t it? Apparently wouldn’t let them use PayPal and its asking them to pay by card. eB...

Resolved! Lost 80% fee discount.

Hi there. I listed some auctions during an 80% off selling fee offer, one winning bidder, with zero feedback, immediately cancelled the order. Not the first time this has happened to me. So I sent a second chance offer to the next genuine bidder, whi...

Advice please , buyer asked to buy cash out of auction, changed name & ran the auction up, with hel.

So listed a large item that was cash on collection or pay pal £40 start. A buyer ask for a BIN price in cash to save on fees. I said £70 but wasn't bothered about avoiding fees. No contact for 4 days the the same person bid under a different name, sa...

Returns

I have a buyer wanting to return an item as defective 31 or 32 days after it was delivered. The item has been fitted and used by the buyer who is now saying it's defective. When sold it was on a no return basis as it's a used electronic item that run...

Rude seller

I have been a member both selling and buying since 2004 and today have been spoken to in a very rude and arrogant manner by a seller who sold me dog supplements that although were in date- by a week - were mouldy and unfit for my dogs to eat. After t...

£5 off offer that didn't work

I got a message from ebay saying if I downloaded the app I would get £5 off. I went to the item I wanted and it said get £5 off this item. I paid and no £5 off!There doesn't seem to be any way to contact ebay. The help pages only help what they want ...

Selling limits

Hi ThereI have just tried to list something for sale on my E bay account which I havent used for many years. Its states that i cant list anything else this month becuase I have exceeded my limit of 1,000 listing. I havent listed anything for years. A...

Illegal sale of someone elses product: Amazon Eero devices that belong to Internet Service Provider

Has anyone been a victim of a a seller who has sold an item that was not legally theirs? If so, did you find that eBay helped you resolve the matter?I bought some used Amazon eero routers and discovered they belonged to Giganet. Amazon and Giganet, c...

Bike

Yesterday I won an item in an auction and the auction ran its full course. After the auction the seller said he already sold the item but the auction wasn't ended early. I now need to cancel my purchase but eBay said it's too late I contacted the sel...

Resolved! More costs

It seems e bay is raising its fees again a sure sign that all is not well. Why Uk has to have its fees raised is beyond me.This fee is calculated as a fixed percentage rate (0.35%) of the total amount of the sale (which includes the item price, posta...

Refund

So, I recently purchased an item for £3.49 with £4.99 postage (total £8.48) the item arrived with a large red felt tip mark down the front leg of trousers, I have requested a refund and seller said refund is £3.49 so if I return the item I will have ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Led indicator bulbs

Cancelled order hours after I brought, seller said he posted already, tracking clearly states he hadn't, I wanted refund as they were wrong bulbs

Buyer claiming not received

Hi, sold an item and added the tracking info and checked my solds page a few days later and see the item had been delivered,now I have the buyer claiming it hasn't. How do I stand if a case is opened

Car sales

Hi. A buyer has bough my car and 24 later messages to say he doesn't want it. Is there a way I can repost without getting charged thanks

Got sent back a different item

Hi, I sold a fish tank light about a month ago, buyer opened a case saying its now broke. EBay sided with him and obvs refunded him £57, when I got the light back it was not the original one I'd sent, it's all wet inside, has marks on it and a few ot...

Global Delivery Service

I sent a parcel to Poland via Litchfield postage hub. Yodel have delivered the item but that's where the trail goes cold. Can anyone help me please to locate the item?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paying.

I had message to say I'd won the auction. When I came to pay the payment was higher than my bid and also the postage was higher than on the listing.

Technical Issue with Feedback Removal

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me please. I submitted a request back in January 2024 to ask if a buyer's unfair feedback could be removed. I provided evidence to support my request. When I checked for an update I found that the the feedback wa...

Reserve price restrictions

Has anyone else had an issue where they wish to set an auction for an item, wishing to start low ie £0.99 in order to get attention and set a reserve price to safeguard a minimum sale value, however be met with a minimum reserve value of £50. And The...

click and collect

Hi Anyone know how I change my click and collect address on ebay.Id like to think I have a modicum of intelligence but this ones got me stumped.TIA

Feedback

Hi A customer messaged me and said he could not leave feedback beacuse ebay hadn't marked it as delivered. I have noticed that many of my items have not been marked as delivered, however, they have. So who marks them as delivered?

Poor product not working

Bought a Jar Opener but it did not work. The motor was not strong enough to turn the lid. It was a large gerkin jar but never the less it was suppesed to turn the lid off. I had one previously for years and it worked a treat. It was a Cuisinaire bran...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Payout Email?

Hello Everyone! I sold something just before xmas and I received a payout email after about four days of selling it.I then sold something a couple weeks ago but have not received any email stating how much I got paid? It seems a little strange and I ...

fraud - identity theft

Can anyone help suggest how to get incontact with Ebay as like everyone else, I end up in circles online with no answers or any options that suit the problem; I have received a package today (return to sender) 18th mar 24, that I returned back in Oct...

Greyed-out Neutral and Negative feedback

Hi all, I bought a solid oak worktop from the eBay site which I later found to have been warped on receipt. Unfortunately I'd already cut it to size, so I realised that a rejection/return was out of the question. I telephoned them to see what options...

Refund

Hi I want return this item is not same photo in picture is working if I received not working item number is 256398465083 i want to return please.

Purchase cancelled

I today made a purchase in good faith, paid for the item, received a purchase notification and a paid notification. Not long after making the purchase the seller edited their advert and dramatically increased the asking price, no problem I thought I ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selling on eBay

Why can't I sell anything on eBay it says I need to put bank details in before I can sell but I don't want them having my bank details idont want to let them have the money for my goods and them pay me if I am paying to advertise my goods I want my m...

User avatar by Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why won't Parcelforce deliver to any Argos?

I have had quite a bit of hassle trying to get a parcel delivered to an Argos drop off point (as offered by ebay and requested by my buyer) It has been retured to the Parcelforce depot twice. I now found out today ParcelForce will NOT deliver to ANY ...

Cancellation

I had an offer on an item accepted When I tried to pay. The Item was still at full price. And still hasn't changed. I've tried to cancel item with seller but they aren't responding. Has anyone else had this problem. Tried to get ebays help, but they'...

Resolved! Part of the order is missing and there are no contact details for the seller

I have tried using the resolution site, but it only lists set messages so I cannot input what the problem is as it is not listed in the set list. I have searched the Ebay site for a phone No and cannot find one to call. I have spend a couple of hours...

Product recall

Hi I received an email telling me an item I brought could have been recalled or poses a safety risk what can I do other than throw the item many thanks

VAT Number

Hi, Ebay has requested me to upload a VAT number, I've spoke to my accountant and they've submitted a request to apply for VAT but it can take upto 40 working days to be sent your VAT number. eBay have only provided 30 days from the email or will res...

Wrong Address

Hi I've ordered an eBay item that has had to authenticated and noticed the address being sent to is incorrect I've contacted the seller and they told me to get in touch with eBay as it's currently being authenticated. Can this be changed and how? The...

Warranties on ebay

So I purchased a new item on EBay. It doesn't work! I also bought an Allstate warranty. Contacted the seller and they say they only sell the items and that I need to contact the Allstate warranty company. Allstate warranty company tells me that becau...

Resolved! How are Transaction Defect Rates calculated?

Hello, a question out of interest please. How are Transaction Defect Rates calculated.I have one defect in 338 sales and that gives me a 0.3% defect rate over 1 year. It happened because the lid broke on an item I was packing, so I explained to the b...

Global shipping programme

Hi can anybody please tell me why eBay will not combine shipping on Two or more items bought by the same buyer when going overseas using the Global shipping programme .... Surely it makes sense to save all the confusion and hassle to get around this ...

User avatar by Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Late delivery of a faulty item

I ordered an item from a seller, which didnt arrive in the alloted time. So, I opened a dispute. The item arrived today (four days late) and now I have it, it turns out to be faulty. I am unable to request a return as there is an open "non-delivery" ...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Sim card instead of Ariel Capsules !!!!!

Hi,I purchased some Ariel capsules, and the seller sent a sim card instead. When i queried it, he said it was a gift as unable to fulfill my order.Problem is I cant request a refund via Ebay as it states my order was delivered !!!!Seller not repying ...

Guitar arrived with damage to neck

Hi I have received a guitar with a damaged neck and started a refund. I've contacted the seller who in first text said they'd missed it on inspection. They asked for photos which I sent but they are saying there's no enough detail ( strange that ever...

eBay thinks I'm a robot

Hi, Is anybody else getting this? I am being asked to verify myself most of the time when using my ebay account its become a real pain.Is it a new eBay fraud prevention thing or can I just stop it?

Offers from abroad

I have someone in Germany ( I am in England) trying to make an offer on one of my listings. He says the system will not allow him to do it. I don't understand why not, I have sold things abroad before. Any ideas? Thank you

Need advice

I need some advice from ebay I brought an exercise bike on 9jan it had 2 right arms but a right and left pedals the left pedal kept falling off I contacted the seller who sent me 2 more pedals the pedals are still falling off the thread has become wo...

Damaged GSP item, how do i get in contact with ebay for them to refund the buyer?

Morning All, I am finding it impossible to contact ebay directly, the auto chat is useless. I sent an item via gsp which has arrived damaged, I used to call ebay and tehy would refund teh buyer directly but I am being prompted to refund teh buyer mys...

Refund

Hi I bought and item and canceled it back but the problem is they said they will send my refund in still I haven't received my refund.

Prooving my age

I would like to buy a cutlery set, I only have a debit card, not a credit card, how can I prove my age in order to purchase this item.

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Return damaged item

Hi, I have purchased the volin recently, the out package was totally fine, but voilin inside the 3 layers package was broken. Now I need to return the item. Could I get full refund, the original price including postage? How about the fee I am posting...

1500w ebike

Does anyone know why Ebay won't let me list a 1500w e-bike even though it's description states its for off road use on private land with owners permission?? Thanks

Resolved! Zero feedback bidders ruining ebay

Isn't it about time something was done about zero feedback bidders placing last second bids and not paying?Personally I sell on eBay as I need the money, so when I have to wait 4 days to report a non payer after a week long auction, just to relist it...

Prohibited Item for Global Shipping Program

My item was purchased by a Chinese member. I believe I opted for the GSP, but this delivery option did not appear when sale was concluded. With buyers agreement, I cancelled the sale and am re-listing. But I need to know that GSP can apply. The item ...

Damaged item

Hi a buyer has just informed the item I sent was damaged when they opened the box. The box was factory sealed by manufacturer and they have admitted the box showed no signed of dents or damage. where do I stand in this situation. They have been in po...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Car selling

Why hasn't eBay got a phone number box when setting up a second car sale , the first car I advertised was fine ( ish AI is ruining it) I was hoping to fix the problem when I placed the add using revise add , this isn't available still but I'm charged...

Counterfeit item

I purchased a Dior J'dore 100ml back in December and found out recently that it is a counterfeit. I purchased it as a Christmas present for my wife. She has not opened it immediately as her existing J'dore bottle had a fair bit left until recently. T...

Courier costs.

Evri used to courier my sold item at a cost of 5.46 but this has been deducted twice from my sale, why? Can anyone explain as I am a new user of ebay. Thanks.

Resolved! refund

hi . i have an issue on another item but the website does not allow to complete the refund request. i already contacted seller via mail . can you open the refund request please?

I can't pay for my purchases.

Не проходят платежи за покупки, наложены какое-то ограничение, как это решить? Payments for purchases do not go through, some kind of restriction has been imposed, how to solve it?

Furniture

Need to find the item i purchased on here 3 years ago and the seller of the item i bought. Because the storage firm have changed my item although it looks the same but it is not and the plaque is missing on there and there is also damage too.

RM Tracked 48

Bought online postage with RM Tracked 48 and it was sent to me via email as a normal 2nd class large envelope ticket. As usual appalling customer service. No human being is available apparently and their numpty AI repsonses reveal their coproprate in...

User avatar by Engager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bag issue

I have a genuine mulberry bag that eBay say is not genuine and removed it how do I get them to take another look at this

Refunding buyer

Trying to refund a buyer but as its first time I've sold something funds are on hold. I've tried several times but it says I need a method of payment? EBay has the funds what's the issue?

Weird EBAY Zendesk subdomain. EBAY SCM team. I have posted this in a separate thread.

I have no idea where to post this. And this is probably the wrong thread anyway so I would encourage any admin to move this to the appropiate thread if there is one. There is a Zendesk subdomain with EBAY in the name (ebay.zendesk.com) I have no idea...

Witheld payment,

I sold a 25 year old beer tap on ebay , I had no purchase receipt as I was given it for free by local pub, the buyer was happy but PayPal witheld payment and accused me of selling stolen goods, then refused to pay until I proved otherwise, it took me...

Mobile Phone

I have won a phone, I have asked the seller to send me a photo of the screen as it was not shown, it was advertised as new and unused, the seller told me he could not remove the cover, what if I received this with a damage screen, and he states that ...

Possible buyer wants to pay COD

Hi. Just had a message that someone would like to pay COD if they win the bid on one of my items. I replied no, in that it has to be paid through Ebay. They have good feedback reviews so it seems a bit funny to request this??

Broken item and postal charges. I sold an item on e bay and the buyer informed me that it was broken

Why is it impossible to get anyone to respond to a issue of a refund for postal charges when goods have arrived broken. Evri handled the postal service, but then say packlink are the agent that couriered the item. Impossible to get a response from ei...

Not my account

Is there an email I can contact eBay direct. i have not sold on eBay for years and just recently made a sale. Last time I sold money got paid into PayPal account. ebay have sent me a message saying they have sent my payment to a HSBC account ending i...

Downloading Reports to Excel

HiI wonder if anyone has the same problem. I was given a new laptop from my family as a birthday present. Windows 11. I have found out that Windows Excel and Word are not included I have to pay extra for them. I'm really struggling financialy so payi...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offers

Can you sell the same item on two different eBay accounts as I have been offered the exact item but on two different eBay sellers

30+ Days for Packlink For EBAY to Investigates Courier Losses: EBay Take Your Money Prior

In one of EBay's most recent improvements, not comunicated, Packlink for EBay now in the last few weeks only: 1. Take 30+ Days from registration of their courier losing parcel 2. Refuse to take many beauty items sold as "prohibited" so they should no...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Royal Mail collection

Hello, can anyone tell me how the Royal Mail collection works please? I've got my tracking number but do eBay notify Royal Mail or have I got to book this myself? thankyou

Difference between starting bid and reserve price

I cannot find what I need to know using the eBay help section. I have an item that I want to sell by auction. I want at least £1000 for it and £1400 for a buy-it-now sale. Is the fact that I set the starting bid at £1000 effectively the same as setti...

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

eBay have something against me?

Im wondering if anyone else is having issues with suspensions / payment holds, Policy violations but no reasons given by ebay. I've had a run of issues on my ebay account lately - i have been selling for 22 years and seems ever other month there's an...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Payment

Hi all, I bought one pair of motorcycle trousers, and I have been charged for two, and the seller has only received an order for one pair. What can I do? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Seller protection

I have open issue on sale item, however i have proven to the buyer that the item was delivered via tracking details. Why does ebay prevent me from having my funds whilst the buyer merely denies receipt? Surely i can have some oppertunity.to defend my...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Item

I bought an item which I paid for straight away after 10 days it never arrived I contacted seller who said it was lost in the post! I never received any tracking information either. They offered me a refund but I said I would like another one sent to...

Seller has an issue but not one i recognise

I sold an item in good faith nearly 3 weeks ago. Seller said they were going away 2 weeks after purchase. Now, 3 weeks later (a week after they went away) they are raising an issue with the product (marks on swimwear and damaged elastic) that really ...

Incorrect item posted

I posted an incorrect item and the buyer agreed to return them. I sent the correct item which they have received, however two weeks later and I am still waiting for them to return the item. I agreed to refund postage once I received it. No contact re...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Incorrectly delivered items.

This has happened to me more than once. I order something, it doesn't arrive BUT it shows up as having been delivered. The vendor doesn't care about what's happened or else doesn't believe me. eBay takes the view that if it says it's been delivered t...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Undercharged postage

Hiebay automatically relisted an item with the incorrect postage cost. The buyer has paid for the item, how can I amend and is eBay liable for the difference?

Build a bundle

I have had a huge clear out and want to list the clothes as a build your own bundle as people might not like my bundle selection. I've never sold like this before so I'm not sure how it works. Can someone tell me how it works? Many thanks in advance....

Nectar points

I always when I bought an article on Ebay, was shown how many Nectar points I earned. Lately it does not show anymore. WHY.I lost my Nectar card when I moved. Can I get a new one and link it to my Ebay account?KBZULU

Return ov a PS4 to me

PS4 as been sent back to me I first plugged it in and it started making a terrible noise .my son looked at case left side it was loose .when we inspected it screws loose some missing very clear to see it's been tampered with what do I do

Click and collect but no tracking

I have ordered a parcel for click and collect at a local shop. It was not sent tracked and the seller only has proof of postage. How can I get a collection barcode?I have tried asking the automated assistant in many different ways but cannot get an a...

Feedback error

I intended to leave positive feedback for the seller & comments were correct but I made an error when entering a negative score by mistake. How can I alter this as I don't want to adversely affect the seller when they did a great job!

cancelled order within 36 mins ,

ON 14/03/24 at 00.19 am i orderd a new alloy wheel , and paid by pay-pal , i then notice i had orderd the wrong wheel patten , after reading up on ebay rules on cancellations and returns , i then cancelled the order at 00.55 am only 36 mins from orde...

Cannot buy or watch items

I am able to click on items but cannot select other pictures to view, add to watch list, choose colour or size or even add to basket. I have updated all my information and added 2 step verification but still no joy. Anyone else having this problem? T...

Feedback

Anyone having issues with leaving feedback ? I'm having trouble when filled all relevant information feedback and photo it won't let me leave as the " DONE" button is missing and can't leave feedback. been like this for 2 days now. Thank you

Buyer gave navel base address, delivery was refused at base, now buyer wants me to pay new address

Hi, hope someone can help me.I sold item and buyer gave Faslane navel base as address. Paid for delivery and it was returned to me yesterday stating it was refused delivery at the navel base and returned to me. I informed the buyer yesterday and he n...

Selling

Hi hope someone can help. I have been trying to list a item on here for the last two days but once ive done the writing and added pics there is no starting bid section or classified section. This is on both my iPhone and ipad. Thanks all

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selling Frontline Flea treatments on Ebay

Haven't sold a lot on ebay so this might be a dumb question. I have an unopened box of 6 Frontline flea treatment for medium sized dog which I no longer need. I wanted to check if this could be sold on ebay and from searching it looks like this is re...

Resolved! Buyer Collection Code Issue

I sold an item and the buyer just collected it but they didn't have the option to access a collection code. I marked the item as paid for but this still didn't resolve the issue, all they had on their mobile was the option to contact me or cancel the...

Insrtion fee

Hi I listed the same vehicle twice by mistake and been charged twice how do I get a refund for the listing

Unable to get refund.

6 days aga I had an email from TOPMAIL32 to say they cannot supply my goods and did I want a refund. When I pressed the reply button I got a message 'something went wrong. Try again later'. I have tried several times each day since, but still the sam...

Seller not responding to my issues

Seller isn't acknowledging my questions. 1 of 3 items was defective. I'm attempting to resolve this.I would rather keep the two items that were not defective. I would like: a partial credit for the 3rd item;Or, return it for a partial refund.

Negative feedback

Hi I sold some Nike pandas in excellent like new condition for £65. Buyer asked to be sent straight away and they were received with thanks 16/2/24. Last night I received a message saying "had trainers checked and they are fake". Negative feedback sa...

Defective item

I purchased a engine support beam to work on my car, Seller's location is China, I placed a jack stand under the engine for safety and for added security incase the chain snapped. The chain did snap! The engine dropped and now my gearbox needs a new ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Money on hold

Hello, I sold one item several days ago but I did not receive my money yet. I had an issue at first because I did not know that that item was sold when the customer requested an issue I understood and then I sent it immediately and the customer recei...

Duplicate fees

I have been charged twice for the same listing, as the original listing was withdrawn as it breached ebay policy. Is there anyway to email ebay to get this resloved?

Ebay

Why is it they can cancel a bid on here, without contacting me but when I want to cancel I have to go through the seller ??? , the last 4or5 bids cancelled???

Lost

Hi..one of my buyers states that an item was not delivered requesting a refund. I refunded. However I have now found proof of delivery on Royal mail site. What should I do?

Refund

Could anyone tel me how to contact the above seller or how to contact somebody from eBay to handle a return and refund request I've tried the auto chat system I've tryed to contact the seller I've had no response I purchased a night cat hammock from ...

No bar code on collection

Hi all, I've sold 2 items recently that have been collected in person but the buyer hasn't produced a barcode for me to scan to say it's been collected. The items are still sitting in my 'sold' and 'scan code on collection'. Anyone know how to delete...

Paypal and e bay account link?

I was in a rush tonight when I made an offer on an item, and I beleive I was too hasty in clicking a link that joins my paypal to e bay account, is this safe, or a silly thing to do, should i try and retract that move? Thanks Stuart

User avatar by Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Price change when getting to check out

HelloI'm in Germany and i won a bid at 25£ but at the checkout I found a different price of 29.75£. I asked the seller the reason for this price change and he only said contact ebay customer service. Do you have any idea if it's due to a VAT or somet...

Adding VAT after Purchase

I recently purchased an item and only became aware that the seller has added VAT that was not shown as any additional charge in the listing upon completion of the order. Ebay states that the "advertised" price (an offer to treat) should be inclusive ...

Feed back emails from ebay

Why is it that I can and do receive emails from eBay asking me to give feedback on items that are awaiting collection from a pickup point on the same day of delivery before I haven even had a chance to pick my items up? They are getting something wro...

Buying item from Italy

The seller is asking for place and date of Birth and NIN code, which I assume is National Insurance number, before proceeding with order. I'm very reluctant as I've never been asked this before.

Returns and refunds

I am a seller and have received a request to return an item that does not fit. I am happy to accept the return, however, I want the item back before issuing a partial refund. I had this situation once before and a refund was issued immediately and th...

on hold

hi i have mistakenly put wrong postage supplier under the tracking and now the package is delivered when my payement will be released any idea?

Seller canx

I bought something for the starting price, the item was then cancelled and listed again. Seller is ignoring me and I can't leave any feedback

Prematurely ending

Hi, I have just been tracking an item (235465404264) and was about to increase my maximum bid when the item ended before the time had elapsed. 40 seconds remaining and it clearly stated that the auction had ended. Has anyone else experienced this?

Incorrect spelling on personalised item

Hi, just wondering what to do when a seller spells a name incorrectly on a personalised banner.The name was sent to them with the correct spelling.They have got a previous order wrong and refunded atraight away (gave them a 2nd try as miatakes can ha...

Payment method

HiI have a few debit cards linked to my account which I use depending on whether purchase is personal or for business. Is there an option to use a 'nickname' for each card, like Google wallet. This would be useful as I often use the wrong card! Thank...

Non faulty item return

Good afternoon folks,I've had a buyer claiming a dash cam I sold him is faulty, the camera was fully working prior to dispatch and I've tried to talk him through the issue but despite me explaining how to sort the problem out several times he kept se...

Getting started

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarised with the eBay Community.

Additional Resources
Most Helpful Authors