Calling every single seller, small, medium or large.
We all know ebay tends to favour the buyers, even with the new 'report a buyer'. We are getting more items not received and also had a few empty boxes being delivered to the customer. I even had one customer who claimed a chargeback from paypal stating item not received, 48 hours later he sent an ebay message saying i sent an empty box. Maybe, he sent this message to the wrong seller. Contacted other sellers of his, and they also state similar correspondence from this buyer. Ebay are investigating him, but it has also taken alot of my time.
I know there could be corrupt postmen and items do go missing genuinely. But i think ALL SELLERS, if an item of yours:
1) Goes missing
2) Item not in the package (it was just empty)
3) Laptops etc had a part missing
4) similar reasons from the customer,
We should always leave follow up feedback saying something along the lines of:
1) First item not received so sent or replacement / or refunded.
2) Customer didnt want a replacement just wanted a refund
3) Item was missing from envelope so sent a replacement
4) Sold a laptop/sat nav/PC - customer returned saying a part was missing.
I know most sellers have automated feedback, but when one of the above happens, all sellers should try and leave a follow up so if the buyer tries it again then we can all see what his/her past is like. With the amount of sellers there are on ebay i know it will be difficult at first, but the more and more sellers that see these 'FOLLOW UP'S' then im sure they will join the bandwagon...
What do you think. I for sure will start this today so i can help fellow sellers in the future to try and fight the scammers out there....